No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official -- Mario Williams shuffles off to Buffalo.

Bills signed DE/OLB Mario Williams to a six-year contract.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the move will be officially announced at a 12:30PM ET press conference. Monetary terms are not yet available, but the Bills are widely expected to make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history. Bears RE Julius Peppers has held that honor since March 2010, where he signed a six-year, $84 million deal that included $42 million guaranteed. It's a safe bet Williams' pact will dwarf those numbers. From a football perspective, the Bills provide Williams a chance to move back to his natural position of defensive end as they switch from a 3-4 to 4-3 defensive front. The No. 1 overall pick of the 2006 draft has notched 53.5 sacks in 82 career games.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
    Mar 15 - 12:26 PM
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      And Laurent Robinson is off the board, as well.

The Jags also added Chad Henne on a 2-year deal.

Laurent Robinson is making a lot for a guy who was a bust until spot duty last year.
      That's fun. Chalk it up to the new Head Coach. Mike Mularkey was the Falcons' OC when Robinson was on the team (and was dropped on the depth chart & traded).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        It's official -- Mario Williams shuffles off to Buffalo.
        Dammit. Never even given a chance.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• He's making more than Peppers. How do you turn that down?
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• My cousins in Houston are having a ****fit.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              He's making more than Peppers. How do you turn that down?
              He would have had a shot at the Lombardi if he signed with the Bears. He'll be lucky to make the playoffs on the Bills.
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Lovely thought. Have some more Kool-Aid, Donegeal.
                Oh, and put on these blinders.

Comment

• Donegeal's optimism is nauseating. The Bears play in the same division as the Packers and the same conference as the Giants, Saints, Falcons, 49ers, etc. They have their work cut out for them. The AFC is a lot weaker at this point.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The Bears with Williams had a MUCH better chance of getting a ring than the Bills with Williams.

And remember, the Bears are one season removed from a close NFC Championship loss to the eventual SB champs, and that was without a WR1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                      The Bears with Williams had a MUCH better chance of getting a ring than the Bills with Williams.

And remember, the Bears are one season removed from a close NFC Championship loss to the eventual SB champs, and that was without a WR1.
                      You know what the Bears' average opponent winning percentage was that year? 0.476! Easy freaking schedule! They were lucky to have a very easy schedule and played only 6 games against opponents with winning records (that includes the Packers twice!). 10 games against teams with losing records. 3-3 against teams with winning records.

They secured a first round bye off that easy schedule and lucked up to face off against the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks at Soldier Field. They had the Packers to take out the competitive teams like the Falcons and Eagles.

The Bears weren't as good as the NFC Championship appearance would indicate. They were very lucky in 2010.
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• 2010 Bears were the 30th ranked offense and 9th ranked defense, by yards, by the way.

Comment

• Blah Blah Blah...

You can only win the games you play.
                          And winning is what the league is all about.

They were on a roll last year until they lost their QB and RB... But go ahead and say they suck... like usual, you are a moron.
                          And frankly, most people don't give a damn what you think.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Blah Blah Blah...

You can only win the games you play.
                            And winning is what the league is all about.

They were on a roll last year until they lost their QB and RB... But go ahead and say they suck... like usual, you are a moron.
                            And frankly, most people don't give a damn what you think.
                            Your prejudice against me is getting old and only makes you look like a jackass.

Comment

• Make more than any other defensive player vs. an outside, maybe shot at a Championship.... um, that's not exactly a tough choice.

It isn't like he was deciding among the Packers, Patriots, etc.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Make more than any other defensive player vs. an outside, maybe shot at a Championship.... um, that's not exactly a tough choice.

It isn't like he was deciding among the Packers, Patriots, etc.
                                Better watch out. This is Chicago Bears Civilization Site and the orange and blue kool-aid is flowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X