This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    His son, too. Most of a decade too late, given his damage to the game, but...oh well. Records for everybody, I guess.

Coming from a Patriots' fan...

My eyes are hurting from rolling my eyes.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I think you'd find that many Patriots fans, including their head coach, would much prefer a league where it's legal to play defense. That said, they've taken advantage of the environment they've been given.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Really? I prefer it over video because you can't embed NFL.com video, youtube video can always get taken down for copyright infringement, and videos are pretty long and it may take some time to get to the critical part. A gif shows what I want to show right there with no hassle for anyone.
        Dude, it's like 2 seconds long, and just keeps repeating and repeating with no way to make it stop. Sort of like vuvuzelas. But go ahead and post away, as we're now far enough down the page that it's not constantly assaulting me.

Good to know you're in favor of copyright infringement.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Dude, it's like 2 seconds long, and just keeps repeating and repeating with no way to make it stop. Sort of like vuvuzelas. But go ahead and post away, as we're now far enough down the page that it's not constantly assaulting me.

Good to know you're in favor of copyright infringement.
          The NFL are *****es about highlights. As long as no one is making money off the highlights, let us show them wherever. I highly doubt it would do any damage to the NFL brand.

It being 2 seconds long is why I preferred that over video. I'm lost as to what the problem is. It seems more convenient for everybody to post a gif of exactly what I want to show rather than the hassle (to all parties) of a video. How is it assaulting you? Just scroll away. Are you photosensitive?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Tests confirmed that Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall has a torn ACL in his right knee and is out for the season, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
            Mendenhall really isn't all that to begin with. That's a career?

Comment

• I believe I'm allowed to be annoyed without explaining myself in vast detail, Alby.
              Just as you are free to post what you like.

You may be the least empathetic person on Poly, and in a nerdfest like this, that's saying something.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not sure I believe personal preference exists. There's a right way.

Comment

• Just like there's a "right way" to develop a romantic relationship, or to get laid, or to join the USMC?

To quote the Sundance Kid: "You just keep thinkin', Butch, that's what you're good at."

Comment

• BEARS FIRE JERRY ANGELO!!!

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Sports procrastinators talking of next year Matthew Stafford will join Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady as an elite Q.B.
                      They point out how Detroit was something like #31 in rushing attempts this year and carrying the team, with the help of Calvin Johnson.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        Sports procrastinators talking of next year Matthew Stafford will join Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady as an elite Q.B.
                        They point out how Detroit was something like #31 in rushing attempts this year and carrying the team, with the help of Calvin Johnson.
                        The Giants were 32nd in rushing yards. So you're saying Eli is an elite QB? Thanks, Sloww. I knew you'd see it my way.

Comment

• So what do you need rushing and defense for anyway?

NFC:
                          Packers: 27th in rushing yards, 32nd in yards allowed
                          49ers: 8th in rushing, 4th in yards allowed
                          Saints: 6th in rushing, 24th in yards allowed
                          Giants: 32nd in rushing, 27th in yards allowed
                          Falcons: 17th in rushing, 12th in yards allowed
                          Lions: 29th in rushing, 23rd in yards allowed

AFC:
                          Patriots: 20th in rushing, 31st in yards allowed
                          Ravens: 10th in rushing, 3rd in yards allowed
                          Texans: 2nd in rushing, 2nd in yards allowed
                          Broncos: 1st in rushing, 20th in yards allowed
                          Steelers: 14th in rushing, 1st in yards allowed
                          Bengals: 19th in rushing, 7th in yards allowed

Wow look at the NFC! By common wisdom, only the 49ers should even be in the playoffs!

The league's 20th, 27th, 29th, and 32nd worst rushing teams made the playoffs. The league's 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th, 31st and 32nd worst defenses made it as well.

Comment

• Well we'll put the "defense wins championships" adage to the test this year.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Things change in the world. Who could have known?
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• By points allowed:

Steelers: 1st
                                49ers: 2nd
                                Ravens: 3rd
                                Texans: 4th
                                Bengals: 9th
                                Saints: 13th
                                Patriots: 15th
                                Falcons: 18th
                                Packers: 19th
                                Lions: 23rd
                                Broncos: 24th
                                Giants: 25th

Comment

Working...
                                X