Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not interested in an avatar bet. If the Cowboys lose, it will be a collective effort, not just a Romo thing.
    Actually, it would probably do them more good to lose now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
      If I were Sloww, Al, I wouldn't even acknowledge your bet because of the manor that you asked it. Silly old building? Your nuts. There was no point to that other than to be insulting. Keep it to football.
      Explain to me the significance of the Alamo except as a representation of slave-holding and American imperialism.

Whatever, Sloww is scared. Simple as that. It's a harmless avatar bet and he doesn't have enough confidence in his team to accept it. I'm trying to add some stakes to the game and make it more fun for both of us since it's our favorite teams in a final week game for the divisional lead. It's a great situation.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I would, Al, but I know that you wouldn't listen. You're just being an ass. Besides, it's not something to disscuss in an NFL thread (go ahead and start a thread in the general forum if you want, but I can tell you I'll ignore you there and won't respond). Talk football here.

Do I think the Giants will beat Dallas? I don't know. Hell, I don't even know where the game is being played. Honestly, the game is pretty insignificant. Whoever wins will still be either 1 and done or maybe 2 wins. Neither of them are going anywhere.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          I would, Al, but I know that you wouldn't listen. You're just being an ass. Besides, it's not something to disscuss in an NFL thread (go ahead and start a thread in the general forum if you want, but I can tell you I'll ignore you there and won't respond). Talk football here.

Do I think the Giants will beat Dallas? I don't know. Hell, I don't even know where the game is being played. Honestly, the game is pretty insignificant. Whoever wins will still be either 1 and done or maybe 2 wins. Neither of them are going anywhere.
          That's what they said about the Giants in 2007.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah... I admit I blew that one. I figured they'd loose in the first round; then foolishly picked against then the rest of the way in the playoffs. Needless to say, I've had better playoff pick'ems than '07.
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• The Giants will either play Atlanta or Detroit in the first week of the playoffs. Atlanta's probably going to beat Tampa so it'll come down to Green Bay and Detroit. If Detroit loses, the Giants will play the Falcons.

Matt Ryan isn't the greatest in the playoffs and Matt Stafford has never been.

Comment

• On NFL.com, there is an article about reseeding the playoffs based on record after the playoff teams are selected. The strongest argument for this was, of course, last year when the Saints had to go to Seatle despite having a better record. What Brian Billick (or whatever) was trying to do is to give more meaning to the week 17 games.

I strongly agree with this, with one exception: I know I will probably get steam rolled for this, but do away with conferences. Still have the 8 divisions, but no more NFC vs AFC in the Super Bowl. The league is so intergrated beween the two that the old National Football League vs the American Football League is long since done. Have the 8 division winners (yes, I know that we would still have a 7-9 team winning a division, but if you have 8 divisions you are going to have that possibility no matter what) then the next 4 best records as wild cards. Re-seed after this selection process is done and keep with the highest seed plays the lowest seed. This would lend to the possibility of a Bear/Packer Super Bowl or a Giant/Cowboy Super Bowl (or as in the case of the '90's, a 49er/Cowboy Super Bowl.

Comment

• Meh. I do tend to like the traditions of the separate conferences.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Heck no. Gotta have the conferences.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'm with Donegal on this one. The conferences so indistinct as to be meaningless; they should go to a system like the NHL is doing next year.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The separation as it is is fine, it's a question of balance in playoffs that needs to be addressed. I don't know how this year will turn out, but last year was somewhat of a farce.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I would prefer a system that maximizes the chances of the best two teams meeting in thee Super Bowl.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Now that's a novel concept.

Comment

• Wow. I figured I'd get absolutely bashed for even proposing such a thing. Since I didn't, I gunna push it...

Why is having conferences a good thing when the two best teams are from the same conference (I am not saying that is the case this season, mearly saying that it was the case in years past)?

What about the concept of re-seeding 1-12 (or 2 1-6's) once the playoff teams have been determined?

How would doing away with conferences (and re-seeding) effect the playoff picture this season?

Is there really any argument about keeping conferences and the entire seeding process the same other than 'that's how we've always done it'?

Comment

• Nope.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X