No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez, this Oregon team is fast. I can't wait to see USC vs. Oregon. That's going to be one Hell of a game!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 29-0 at end of the 1st. Arkansas State's offense was getting a bit of a rhythm going at the end of the quarter there, though. I doubt Oregon can contain them all game, since it's a Malzahn offense and they were the Sun Belt champs last year.

I don't know if this team can take down USC at the Coliseum, but they are the most likely to do it.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• OK, De'Anthony Thomas is ****ing unbelievable. 43-3 Oregon with 10:45 to go in the 1st half.

EDIT: Ok, 50-3 with more than 8 minutes to go in the 1st. I never thought I'd say this, but: Jesus Christ, Oregon, you can dial it back a little.
        Last edited by Boris Godunov; September 2, 2012, 00:01.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I got most of my rage out last night on EDSBS, but given that I pretty much expected exactly what happened last night, I'm feeling okay about Michigan. Alabama is practically an NFL team; their entire O-line is definitely heading to the NFL, and being able to recruit 5 full classes in 4 seasons means Alabama is just plain better. We could very well run the rest of the schedule and I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Of course, that depends on the status of our injured starting CB and LT.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Maybe Denard could stop throwing those rainbow passes. Put a little zip, some speed on those passes.

Comment

• What he needs to do is ****ing run more, but that apparently wasn't in the gameplan yesterday.

Comment

• Really, without Toussaint, what could Michigan have done?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The Pac-12 had a fairly mediocre start, IMO. USC and Oregon performed as expected and nobody is close to them in their respective divisions. I honestly don't know which will win on Nov. 3. Utah started slow but looked really good in the end, especially on defense. ASU won handily, but they started off strong last season and then tanked, so who knows. UCLA is definitely better without Neuheisel, but Rice is absolutely awful, so it's hard to say if their win was indicative of them really turning the page. Stanford and Washington, while notching wins, both looked rather unimpressive. Arizona had to take it to OT against Toledo, which is not a good sign. But Cal, Wazzu and Colorado... ugh, just sad. Especially Cal--the word is that Tedford's job is safe, but I don't see how it can be after an opener like that.

The Pac will have at least 6 bowl teams, two BCS. Decent, but the bottom teams in the conference may be worse than the bottom teams of any other major conference. I mean, who couldn't beat Colorado at this point?

Anyway, I know there are still games to play, but my first week top 5:

1. Alabama
                  2. USC
                  3. Oregon
                  4. LSU
                  5. Florida State

The next 5 is a jumble of possibilities, so won't even try. I'd put WVU in there and OKST. I would not put Oklahoma in there at all. From the B1G, it would be a tough call between MSU and OSU. Probably Georgia or Arkansas, but I'm skeptical of Clemson and South Carolina.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Alabama was scary. Just scary.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                      I don't know if this team can take down USC at the Coliseum, but they are the most likely to do it.
                      Right now it looks like that's going to be Game of the Year. Can't wait!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Serious question: now that Penn State is dead as a football program, can we swap Wisconsin for Michigan and Michigan State for Illinois and get the logical East/West Big Ten divisions that should've happened in the first place?

Comment

• Sounds good to me, but... the Big 10? Logical?

Good luck with that.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                            Serious question: now that Penn State is dead as a football program, can we swap Wisconsin for Michigan and Michigan State for Illinois and get the logical East/West Big Ten divisions that should've happened in the first place?

Hmmm....

EAST
                            Michigan
                            MSU
                            OSU
                            PSU
                            Purdue
                            Indiana

WEST
                            Iowa
                            Wisky
                            Minny
                            Illinois
                            NW
                            Neb

Holy ****, that looks perfect.

Adn no protected crossover games... OSU-Ill, PSU-Neb, are technically rivalries, but I don't think anyone will cry too many tears if their are skipped a few years.

Comment

• That is just too logical. It will never fly.

Comment

• Little Brown Jug would also go away 50% of the time, but honestly, no one outside of Minnesota would care.

Comment

Working...
                                X