No announcement yet.

its February, and that means its Fantasy Baseball time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a problem with any of those, though in the event of a tie i'll vote:
    2>1>3
    1>2>3

(I just saw the HR in #2, reduntant stat puts it behind #1.)
    "

Comment

1>3>2
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I like OBP and SLG, you get coverage for BBs and for extra base hits
        but TB also covers extra base hits, so maybe this would work

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB
        QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA (w/wo TB allowed)

I'm flexible

Comment

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
          ERA, K, WHIP, SV, QS

and

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG, TB
          QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA, TB allowed

and a 3rd option

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB
          QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA

4th (specify TB allowed or not, or if it matters)

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB
          QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA (w/wo TB allowed)

****, too many options

here's #5

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
          QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA

I'm gonna shut up
          Last edited by Berzerker; February 17, 2011, 00:22.

Comment

TB and SLG seems silly; one or the other should suffice.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

agreed, I'll take that as a 2 votes against option 2

what about AVG vs OBP? TB or SLG could go with it

we wont have a stat for walks with option 1 or 3

I'd probably vote for 4 or 5 w/TBA

Comment

Whatever. I like football better than baseball, although I like baseball fine. What I don't understand is taking the sport that is stats to the max and trying to reduce it to a minimum. Why are stats at a max? Probably because they all matter.
                Every year, this same discussion has me ready to just blow it off.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

we gotta have the discussion cuz 4 people hated holds last year and I got an earful

Comment

I was one of them and I was wrong. I looked at the stats at the end of the year and was shocked at the amount of Saves some people had for a total.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

people will have more now that holds wont be a cat, the emphasis will be on saves now. Of course you could also just ignore saves and go for SPs to get Ks and QS (and lose out on TBA if we choose that option) - its a trade off still. Or get stuck going the SP route if closers get snapped up quicker than planned. I got stuck last year going for holds because 2 of my closers got sidetracked, I was one of those people with low saves totals.

So, go for QS and Ks and lose Saves and TBA and fight over WHIP and ERA. Hmm...maybe thats a reason to not have TBA, better to favor starters over relievers.

Comment

Working...
                      X