Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any other type of d*ck?

Mmmm. Corbisiero to debut up against Castro. Talk about a challenge. Still, they can whisper sweet Italian nothings in each other's lugholes.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• There is the Liberal Democrat type. And they are bigger is some ways IMO as they ditched their principles to achieve a short period of power.

Good going to land that brick on Sheridan all the way from Italy btw.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Well, the Lib Dems achieved the status. The Tories were born with it.

I think Sheridan's departure is a tactical retreat.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
          Well, the Lib Dems achieved the status. The Tories were born with it.

I think Sheridan's departure is a tactical retreat.
          Half-time 31-6 to England.

I've £5 on England to win between 20-25, so it is looking pretty ropey for me

England are matching the Italian scrum and the off-loading is killing Italian.

Ashton - swallow dived for the first try of the game to Johnson

Comment

• Orquera, the Italian #10, makes Quade Cooper look like a ferocious tackling machine. Straight through him twice, two tries.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
              Ireland were cursed with poor handling, particularly Darcy. Better hands and the tries might have started coming, Italy would need to start chasing the game and confidence with the Irish would rise - normal thrashing commences. I don't think Italy have moved to the next level yet, simply that Ireland had a really bad day and didn't have any answers.
              So, I think I can say at this stage my observations were pretty sound. So, if I'm right with my other comments, what to bet on Scotland Vs Wales?

Comment

• England looked impressive, but was Italy bad.
                Orquera can't tackle well, but in general Italian defense in the midfield was inexistant. Ghiraldini was absolutely pitiful in his lineouts: Missed about 6 out of 8. Italy was much better (which doesn't mean much, unfortunately) when he was replaced by Ongaro. Castrogiovanni is also more of a liability than anything. He didn't do much in scrums (there weren't many), got sin-binned, and generally offers very little when he gets the ball.
                At least Italy has found a good 9. the issue being they still lack a 10, 12, 13 and 14.
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Italy's concentration and committed defence of last week deserted them completely this week. Orquera watched Haskell trot past for his try. So that's three. Even Masi, normally solid, fell off tackles. As did Sgabri, who was monumental last week. Last week Italy's lineout was excellent, this week I stopped counting at ten lost lineouts, most of them due to dire throwing. So a week is a long time in rugby, KoC, I have no idea where to suggest you put your money.

England established momentum and never really lost it and Italy made it all so easy for them. I really and truly hope Ashton breaks an arm or drops the ball with his next swan dive. Talented player but clearly an arrogant ar*e.

Comment

• So, based on my comments, I'm putting my money on Wales to win as the bookies have pretty much written them off. Scotland aren't yet good at scoring tries, the ones they got against France was simply that the game was getting loose. The Welsh backs are far superior to the Scots should they get out of the funk they have been in, in the pack the Scots are better. Last year, Scotland destroyed Wales in the first half and yet still lost. Scotland haven't changed that much since last year as our backs are still pretty slow, our front row weak and Dan Parks hasn't been playing regularly.

I was very tempted by Scotland win first half and Wales the game at 8-1, but went for Wales - Wales.

Can't say I'm doing well though, alot of bets coming close, but no cigar.

Comment

• 10 minutes in, Scotland 0 - Wales 7 with Southwell having booted the ball out on the full twice.

Comment

• A week is a very very long time in rugby. Wales and Scotland both doing the exact opposite of what they did last week and Wales are profiting.

Comment

• And maybe Andy Robinson cannot coach after all? Wales stepped up and should be pleased with themselves but it remained a poor game.

Whilst KoC counts his winnings I wonder if he saw Dan Cole -who had an excellent game - do a fine job on the Italian loosehead in the first scrum?
                          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The match turned into dire rugby. Wales lost the plot in the second half and Scotland never found it. Back to the bad old days. You underestimate Scotland's effort last week, KoC. They played with intelligence, control and penetration. None of which was evident today.

So, KoC, on the basis of today's performances, where most of last week's form was upended, you should put your house on Ireland tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                              And maybe Andy Robinson cannot coach after all? Wales stepped up and should be pleased with themselves but it remained a poor game.

Whilst KoC counts his winnings I wonder if he saw Dan Cole -who had an excellent game - do a fine job on the Italian loosehead in the first scrum?
                              I certainly noticed dan cole having a good game in the loose. There were not too many scrums, but england did fine and there were not many resets. Dan did fine. England did not miss big ted.

As for tomorrow, I think france will win but they will have to work for it.
                              Last edited by kittenOFchaos; February 13, 2011, 08:19.

Comment

• How many scrums actually were there? I remember about four. Must be a record for the fewest scrums in a Test. It occurred to me this morning that England -v- Italy had things in common with England -v- Wallabies in the autumn only more extreme. England got off to a flier, played out of their boots, but were allowed to. We'll have to wait and see what it means in the bigger picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X