Fantasy Draft Chatter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Draft Chatter Thread

I'd like to keep the draft thread somewhat clean, so here's a thread for analysis, criticisms etc

And while surprising to see Tiny Tim go 2nd, who wouldn't want to have him as the centerpiece of any pitching staff? I was considering him at 4th. Thats the problem with serpentine drafts, auctions allow you to go for multiple stars - all the players are available. Vlad usually checks in late morning out in BC, so I'll check the thread tomorrow before my doc appt. in the afternoon.

Picking 2nd, it was going to be awhile before my next pick. The separation at SP rankings was greater than most positions. To add fuel, I considered Mauer.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I just randomly checked the site tonight and found it was draft time, what a lucky break, no waiting for my usual later 1st draft pick appearance!!!

Comment

yeah, makes sense, with Albert gone Tiny Tim and Mauer are far above the packs at their positions. God, can I take a C in the 1st round? Even 4th pick? He really is tempting.

cool, Vladdie showed up

damn, he took my guy

Comment

I always take ur guys Berz, I think we read the same sites and magazines!!! LOL

Comment

I was hoping you'd go for Utley or Arod, now I'm hoping Arod has another year like 2007

Comment

I sent a pm to Deity Dude, I think he played last year. If he joins he'll pick 11th, and if he joins we gotta find Jdd. If we get to Imran and no one responds in time, bummer, but the show must go on. First weeks scoring starts mar 29

Comment

Imran was on Monday. I sent him a PM asking that he post random numbers, but he left.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm probably going to get 'stuck' with one of the power hitting 1b this round; but there will be a lot of interesting picks for me to chose from in round 2.
                  "

Comment

Haven't seen DD online in quite awhile. Like Nov-Dec.
                    FWIW.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Picking 2nd, it was going to be awhile before my next pick. The separation at SP rankings was greater than most positions. To add fuel, I considered Mauer.
                      Yea, it is definitely daunting to think of how many players will be gone before I get to pick again. Pujols better be worth his salt.

I was initially leaning toward Hanley, but I took out the ol' spreadsheet and decided to go with Pujols afterall. I looked at like the top 12-15 players at each position (based on last year's numbers). Then I dropped the next highest 2-4 or so (who I'd probably not get a chance at anyhow) and averaged the rest. Then I compared Ramirez and Pujols to the others at their position.

Contrary to what I expected, Pujols actually came out better when compared to other first basemen than Hanley compared to other shortstops.

Assuming all our raw number hitter's stats are equal, Pujols had 111 more R,HR,1B,2B,3B,RBI & SB than his competition, and Ramirez had only 92 more. Pujols did slightly better with OBP & SLG too.

Obviously this doesn't take into consideration projected stats, just last year's. But the site I went to last year for 2010 projected stats doesn't have singles, doubles, triples, so it is much less helpful now. Grr.

In case y'all were interested.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Also remember that Pujols gets a full year of Holliday in the lineup as protection as well. That, IMO, makes him a clear cut #1. But YMMV.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The only thing that can stop Pujols from being a #1 fantasy stud is injury, he may be closer to those triple crown #s too this season with the protection he has.

Comment

Of course, for the most part, injuries are unpredictable for those who have been relatively healthy over their careers like Pujols or Hanley Ramirez.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Woah that was quick. I haven't done any research. Imran, tell me who to pick!

I'll be picking in the next 10 minutes.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X