X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL - Are You Ready For Some Football?! - 2009 Regular Season

Continued from here:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Originally posted by Guynemer
    I'm still trying to incorporate a Lions victory into my world view.

It's not proceeding well.
    The Lions showed that you don't even need a good team to defeat the Redskins.

Dan Snyder better start looking for a new owner. It would fit in his "Buy High, Sell Low" mantra.

Comment

Yeah... it's hard to say whether the Lions played good enough to win, or that the Redskins played bad enough to lose

At least the Bears won again. Both wins have looked ugly in the first half, and far better in the second half. Hopefully the team will only improve as the year progresses... drinking plenty of the Bears' Kool Aid
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well I don't think the Lions were ever as bad as their 0-16 season suggested. If a few bad breaks had gone their way they definitely could have squeezed out 3-4 wins. This game had a few more bad breaks go against the Skins than the Lions. Plus the Lions are a bit better than last year.

A lot of people thought this was their best chance for a first win.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          Well I don't think the Lions were ever as bad as their 0-16 season suggested.

Maybe it was just the accumulated weight of years of suckage.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Yeah... it's hard to say whether the Lions played good enough to win, or that the Redskins played bad enough to lose
            Definitely the Redskins. The Lions have averaged almost 20 points per game, which isn't bad.

The Redskins OTOH have averaged just over 13 points per game including a pathetic 9-7 win over the Rams at home.

Comment

Henne's under pressure and Pat White is apparently not considered adequate as the Chiefs just shipped Tyler Thigpen to Miami for an undisclosed draft pick.

Comment

Well the Dolphins probably think White isn't ready yet either.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's official, Chad Pennington has been placed on IR.

The Saints also placed Pro-Bowl LT Jammal Brown on IR, not very good news for Bresus

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what Henne can do.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Despite throwing three picks, Derek Anderson has caused Brady Quinn to lose his job as the starting QB.

Let's hope for football's sake that Anderson will also cause Mangini to lose his job as the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                        Let's hope for football's sake that Anderson will also cause Mangini to lose his job as the coach.

Why?

Surely there are far more important things that should happen "for football's sake."
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Like Dan Snyder selling the Redskins
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I hate the Redskins, so Dan Snyder's OK by me.

Comment

Or the Ford family selling the Lions...
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X