This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    You're from Chicago. You're a damn Bears fan who watches Northwestern on Saturdays when they happen to be good.
    Yet again, you prove how stupid and wrong you are. I don't give a **** about NW. But like usual, you make stuff up and try to cram it down people's throats. And what is worse is the people that fall for it.
    Your bully tactics may work on some of the cows, but not even close on most people. They see you for what you are... an idiot who has to make stuff up to support his lame arguments. I think you are setting a record over the last 24 hours proving just that.

So learn about college football before you stick your foot in your mouth yet again.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Utah got its chance by beating Alabama.
      Even more moronic opinions from somebody that doesn't understand college football. Got it's chance... no they didn't, they were undefeated and never got a shot to prove they could be a national champion. And they made complete fools of the BCS by bashing the team that was served up to them. Too bad that didn't get a real chance. But that is something you don't understand, because you don't understand college football. You just sit in your chair and jerk off while watching Nebraska.
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

There's no such thing as a true national champion.
        And that is because morons like you don't want a real play off system. We would have a true national championship if it wasn't for idiots like you and the rich fat guys that run the BCS.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          And that is because morons like you don't want a real play off system. We would have a true national championship if it wasn't for idiots like you and the rich fat guys that run the BCS.
          I just don't think it's feasible with so many teams and the type of sport football is. There's always going to be controversy, even with a playoff like "How **** did Notre Dame get into the playoff?" or "Why aren't there 4 Big 12 teams but 1 Ohio State?" or some crap like that.

A playoff just shifts the argument from who wins the playoff to who get's into the playoff. The BCS is a total abomination though because it lacks ambition, execution and sense.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It would be a better system than no system like before, and the BS they call the BCS now. Yeah, there are a lot of teams... and because of the sport, there is a limit to the number of games, unlike Basketball. But you could have a real play off that would give more deserving teams a chance at the championship. Somebody would always be left out... but the idiots think it's a great thing for the sport to increase discussions. Everybody would be happy... except the fools that don't really get it. You know, the morons that are against a real play off system like real sports have... they want to support a system that was meant to only generate money and not provide us with a real champion.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I don't give a **** about NW.

So you don't even root for your home team. Like I said, you're not a real college football fan...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Again... yet more moronic statements from you. I went to the University of Illinois... I hate Northwestern.
                So cram it clown face.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I went to the University of Illinois

That explains a lot about both your low intelligence and your lack of interest in college football.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• From the statements you make, I have to wonder if you even graduated from College.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        @ a playoff system would make a "true" national champion. It would do no such thing. There is a reason that sabermetric researchers consider the MLB playoffs to be a "crapshoot" - its because it is.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And the MLB playoffs are probably the best in all of sports at attempting to arrive at a "true" champion. College football playoffs would be many times worse.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            But it's how they get to the Bowl game, also. You have to respect a team in a strong conference, number one. If they schedule blow off games, fine, but it should be considered when making the rankings.
                            Just as a for instance, if USC and Texas finished undefeated, but USC had played El Paso and Lehigh, while Texas had played LSU and Miami, wouldn't all that come into play? Pac 10 < Big 12, but if you assume them equal, the non conference games should be considerered. I know I said it before with different words, but if there are no playoffs, it needs to be this way.

The problem, again, is historical perception.

Last year, the Mountain West, a historical "little" conference, absolutely SMOKED the Pac 10 head-to-head. The same Pac 10 that went 5-0 in bowl games. And yet, the MWC champs, Utah, got the consolation prize.

Teams can't control their conference schedule, only their nonconference schedule. Boise State went out and scheduled Oregon, and smoked them. By way of comparasion, Florida's nonconference schedule is, at best, equal to BSU, with their toughest game coming in the form of up-and-down FSU. The Horns' nonconference schedule is even worse. Very, very few teams have the balls to schedule two decent nonconference teams (this year, Oklahoma and USC fit that bill), let alone one.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Teams can't control their conference schedule, only their nonconference schedule. Boise State went out and scheduled Oregon, and smoked them. By way of comparasion, Florida's nonconference schedule is, at best, equal to BSU, with their toughest game coming in the form of up-and-down FSU. The Horns' nonconference schedule is even worse. Very, very few teams have the balls to schedule two decent nonconference teams (this year, Oklahoma and USC fit that bill), let alone one.

This is one reason why computer rankings are better than human ones. The computers are punishing Texas for its extremely weak schedule, unlike the human pollsters.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The problem, again, is historical perception.

Does that also apply to computer rankings?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X