Salary Cap League:
    Name: ACS Salary League
    Group ID# 2676
    Password - poly

Survival League
    Name: Poly Pickers
    Group ID# 6395
    Password - poly
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Thanks, I signed up for the sal cap league (as the Matt Millennium Falcons).

Comment

Vicious Rabbits are back for more...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Can I get a brief rundown on what each of these are?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Salary League - You have 100 dollars to spend on 9 positions. Value fluctuates each week at each given position, which comes into play if/when you decide to make a change.

Survival - Pick one game's winner. You can't pick that team again until the...session is over and all participants but one have picked a loser. Generally, 3 sessions can be completed in a season.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Is there a limit to the number of entries in either league? I wouldn't want to take the spot of a returning participant.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Nope, no limits.

Comment

Noooooooooo limits.

Comment

I signed up for both.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I signed up for both.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I'll be in sooner or later

for newbies, one key to salary league is to nab a low priced guy with potential, if he takes off you got him at that price until you drop him, if you drop him. If he's real valuable - expensive to buy back - you can even leave him on your roster during his bye week. Take the one time hit and keep him the entire season at the price you originally bought him at.

survival league - just keep picking winners and you survive, no spread is involved as I recall

Comment

No spread, which serves to lull. "Oh, surely this is a lock."

WRONG!

Comment

several people can get taken down that way

but when I got knocked out in the past I didn't even realize the "season" can start over if we have an early winner. Is that how it works? Are we allowed to resume making picks when someone wins?

Comment

As soon as all but one lose, it starts over again. And again, as many times as we lose quickly.

What I like about Survival is that you can only pick a team once in a "season". It's got a certain amount of strategy to it that's unique. Ditto Salary. They're another facet.

Comment

And you can't even always pick Detroit's opponent, they lose twice to some teams.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X