This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, that was what I mentioned earlier
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      Auctions, though, do not have the benefits of a slow live draft.
      If you mean the banter and the hockey talk-- I agree completely. Thats why I am doing both
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I've actually considered how you could do an offline auction. I think the best way would be a 'silent auction' round by round, where each of us nominates a player; then that slice of 12 players is held available for a period of time (48 hours perhaps) while people bid on them; then the next slice of players is nominated. Not quite as efficient time-wise as an offline draft nor as pareto-efficient as a live auction, but some benefits of both.

Comment

• List sent to Imran. Out to dinner.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Got it. Though I will be out in like 15-20 minutes and won't return until after midnight (ish).

So... uh, joncha better pick quick
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You can send it to me if you like; I'll be out for a couple of hours after now but not all night.

Comment

• shall do and hope Guy doesn't mind (he shouldn't since snoopy is picking even after me).
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Are any of Imran, Guy, or snoopy here?

Coming up on BAPAY time for joncha.

On one hand, I'd rather go easy and allow latitude. On the other hand, the BAPAY clock does not start counting for the next manager before the previous tardy manager gets BAPAYed. Also, we have given liberal allowances to rectify unsavoury BAPAYs.

How do you guys want me/us to do it?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• It's 10am in Seoul right now. I say we give him 2 more hours?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yeah. Saturday morning... after possibly imbibing that demon liquor (whatever they call it).

Could be painful.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'm here. I'm sure we'll get all the way back to Sparrow tonight once Joncha posts, so we should be able to give him a bit of leeway. (Assuming mrboo is around, but I suspect he will be)

Comment

• OK. Good. Leniency is the order of the day.

If boo pops in and says he only has a few minutes, we may bring the gaval down.

Incidentally, it looks like Hossa would be joncha's first BAPAY. I would seriously think of taking him myself, just not in the fourth round. Keep in mind that he will have a lot of opportunity to change the pick.

I'm thinking I erred in writting that clause. Assuming he gets BAPAYed this evening, he likely gets dinged twice, and should be able to modify either or both choices up to his sixth round pick.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• I'd not say up to his sixth round pick, that's way too long. Up to the end of the 5th round, I'd say. The intent isn't to allow you to go more than a round before changing. You get all sorts of problems if the player he is BAPAYed is desired by someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                              OK. Good. Leniency is the
                              If boo pops in and says he only has a few minutes, we may bring the gaval down.
                              I'll be in my room (and access to poly) for the next couple hours, doing homework (stupid ****ing Fluids lab... )

ie give joncha a couple hours.
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                                I'd not say up to his sixth round pick, that's way too long. Up to the end of the 5th round, I'd say. The intent isn't to allow you to go more than a round before changing. You get all sorts of problems if the player he is BAPAYed is desired by someone else.

Problem is that he is at an end of the snake.

His first and second BAPAY could easily be within 60 minutes of each other.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X