Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB - 2010 Spring Training!

Continued from here:

Welcome to August, where things start getting sorted out. Yankees and Red Sox meet to help try to muddle things in the AL East (either the Red Sox make up ground or the Yanks start to pull away), with the Rays, possibly one of the Top 5 teams in baseball at the moment, lying in wait.

Also got close races in both of the Central divisions, involving both Chicago teams with the WSox a game behind Detroit and the Cubs tied with St. Louis (while Milwaukee, always dangerous, is 4 back).

NL Wild Card is condensed as well, with 4 teams within 5 games of the leader, San Francisco.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

That game was hideous. I'll certainly take the result, but for the love of Mo, can't ANYBODY throw strikes?

Yay, finally beat the Sox, increased the division lead, etc. The Yanks really should have won the game, as Smoltz is done and Joba is good, but man I was thinking more like 7-3 or somesuch. Instead, I got 13-6 (and really, it coulda easily been more than 6 - TWELVE walks!?). A win is a win is a win, but 'twas not pretty.

Battle of the ex-Marlins tonight. This time I expect a loss. But you can't predict baseball, Suzyn...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

So apparently more Mets have gotten injured. Including Castillo, who got hurt walking down the dugout steps. Castillo is one of the few Mets who have, until now, not gotten injured. Don't think its serious though.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Given their previous futility against Boston, it's pretty amazing that the Yanks are in first place. The Red Sox have tanked against some lesser opposition.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          while Milwaukee, always dangerous, is 4 back

you don't go to many Brewers games, huh?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm thinking a team that had 90 wins last year and made the playoffs (and has been 2nd in the NL Central in the last two years), and has hitters like Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun qualifies as "dangerous".

Comment

The Tigers needed to add some bats at the deadline. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're gonna get caught by Chicago and/or Minnesota...
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

They won't get caught by Minny, especially with Slowey out the rest of the year.

Not that he was pitching good this year, but the rest of the pitchers (to replace him) are even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  The Tigers needed to add some bats at the deadline. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're gonna get caught by Chicago and/or Minnesota...
                  Yet they traded for more pitching instead of hitting...
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm thinking a team that had 90 wins last year and made the playoffs (and has been 2nd in the NL Central in the last two years), and has hitters like Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun qualifies as "dangerous".
                    If they still had Sheets and CC in the rotation, that might be true.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hey, Gallardo is better than CC and Sheets this season .

Comment

Villenueva 2-8, 5.98
                        Parra 6-8, 6.33
                        Gallardo 10-8, 3.59
                        Looper 10-5, 4.84
                        M. Burns 2-4, 6.06

Milwaukee is 15th in team ERA in the NL. I rest my case.

Comment

no

1. the National League is awful

2. when you get to beat up the Pirates and Reds, it's easier to get to 90 games with a halfway decent team... trust me, I watched the Cubs do it last year on the road to 97 wins

take it from someone who has gone to quite a few Brewers games this year and last and watched them play baseball (like a full game, not just what's on TV... but actually seeing the players with your own eyes... I know, shocking concept, but it helps) instead of relying on Sportscenter highlights, k?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Villenueva 2-8, 5.98
                            Parra 6-8, 6.33
                            Gallardo 10-8, 3.59
                            Looper 10-5, 4.84
                            M. Burns 2-4, 6.06

Milwaukee is 15th in team ERA in the NL. I rest my case.
                            And yet still only 4 back of the NL Central leaders (yes it does definitely help that they are 4th in Runs Scored per Game in the NL) .

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              1. the National League is awful

2. when you get to beat up the Pirates and Reds, it's easier to get to 90 games with a halfway decent team... trust me, I watched the Cubs do it last year on the road to 97 wins
                              So basically two points that help out my argument . Milwaukee is dangerous because they get to feast on NL Central dregs, and with their offense are in a position to make a little bit of noise in the NL Central race.

Comment

Working...
                              X