Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Portsmouth's defense that bad or is Arsenal just that good? James looked like he was lost in the woods and surrounded by wolves.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I was at the game, CW, and it was probably a combination of both. Portsmouth have big financial problems and have had to sell a lot of players. Arsenal have started the season well, and they play an attacking, fluid, passing-and-movement game which, when it works, leaves opponents chasing shadows. James actually played well and made a couple of very good saves.

Arsenal are often criticised for trying to "pass the ball into the net". This is basically what they were able to do for three of the goals.

Comment

• I was quite impressed with James. Equally but oppositely impressed with the "help" he got from his defenders. On a couple of the goals/shots it looked like the defenders just didn't care. I suppose if they're just not that great, they were confused by Arsenal. I had a strong impression of a lack of effort though.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Cardiff are top of the Championship so far...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Comment

• Serious trouble at Upton Park. Probably Millwall scum.

Comment

• And West Ham too. They've all been watching Green Street and Danny Dyer too much.

Comment

• Not exactly the most unpredictable development was it. The moment that tie was drawn there was guaranteed to be some trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    Cardiff are top of the Championship so far...
                    Hello MOBIUS.

I'm relieved that none of the rest of our squad disappeared upwards in the final days of the transfer window.
                    Yet we managed to beat Leicester with all our proper strikers injured, and a kid up front. This is a good thing, and definitely promising for the rest of the season (well, until January, when the upper league teams will come and try to steal our players they failed to get this time round).

Yeah, I admit I watched Goal! yesterday, and also have to admit I laughed twice. I feel so ashamed today.

Comment

• Hope Chelsea don't succeed in their appeal. Then hope all their players leave on free transfers.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        Hope Chelsea don't succeed in their appeal. Then hope all their players leave on free transfers.
                        Unfortunately they can probably afford to pay high enough wages that any players thinking of leaving will decide to take the money and stay.

What will be really interesting is if UEFA do the same to ManU.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• The really interesting twist will come when Platini is caught on tape with two underage Russian hookers.

Comment

• England beat Croatia 5-1 and all the fans start saying "we can win the World Cup". It could be worse, they could be saying "We will win the World Cup".

Scotland '78.....

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• "We'll on the road with Ally's army,
                              We're all off to the Argentine,
                              And we'll really shake them up when we win the World Cup,
                              Because Scotland are the greatest football team."

In other news:
                              Woo! Manager of the month!

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york View Post

In other news:
                                Woo! Manager of the month!

Hairy Redknobb
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X