• Rate your team's Draft

49ers draft picks:

Round
    1 Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
    2 Traded to CAR for their first round pick in 2010
    3 Glen Coffee RB Alabama
    4 Traded to CAR with 2nd Round pick
    5 Scott McKillop LB Pittsburgh
    5 Nate Davis QB Ball State (Compensatory)
    6 Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
    7 Curtis Taylor FS LSU
    7 Ricky Jean-Francois DT LSU (Compensatory)

For need: B- Did not address the OL
    Overall: B Could be higher. Nate Davis has some huge upside. Not sure about the character of Crabtree and Jean-Francois.
    Last edited by Supr49er; April 27, 2009, 12:04. Reason: Clarity of fourth round trade
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

There will no problems with Crabtree.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm excited about Crabtree's skill. We haven't have a #1 receiver since TO left.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I'm a Niner fan too. I'm fine with the selection, would like to see more D though.

ARZ will continue to be tough, I think they faired better in the draft even with a lower pick. Beanie Wells will fit in nice and will probably be one of my top fantasy picks, depending on how my keeper league restructures this year.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Crabtree alone gives the 49ers a B+ if only for not letting him slip by. If Jean-Francois pans out, this could turn out to be a monster draft for SF. At times he looked unstoppable at LSU.

The Bears draft? If you count Cutler, I give them an A-. Didn't want to see them trade out of Round 2. Very worried about the lack of reliable WRs on the roster. They drafted 3 of them, but the best of them was #99 overall...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

1 - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida (5-11, 192)
            2 - Phil Loadholt, T, Oklahoma (6-8, 332)
            3 - Asher Allen, CB, Georgia (5-9, 194)
            5 - Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina (6-2, 252)
            7 - Jamarca Sanford, S, Ole Miss (5-10, 214)

Harvin is a great player, but not too hot personality-wise (but has a true NFL great ever been whiter-than-white?), and Allen has huge potential, but I'm surprised they didn't go for another QB. So another season of partially-fulfilled potential than.

Comment

Round 2, Pick 2 (34) (From Chiefs) Patrick Chung SS 5'11" 212 Oregon

He's the safety I wanted.

Round 2, Pick 8 (40) (From Raiders) Ron Brace DT 6'3" 330 Boston College

Wilfork needs a backup, and Brace fits the bill. I'm not buying that he's supposed to take over for Wilfork next year because the Pats won't pay him, Belichick will lay out some cash for DL.

Round 2, Pick 9 (41) (From Packers) Darius Butler CB 5'11" 183 Connecticut

Better prospect than any of the other CB the Pats have drafted lately, but we'll see. I'd say dumping Hobbs before the draft was even over is a pretty good vote of confidence for him and the other new corners brought in.

Round 2, Pick 26 (58) Sebastian Vollmer OL 6'7" 312 Houston

Best thing I saw written about this guy is that his frame could handle gaining up to 30 lbs. more muscle without it really bothering his quickness. 6'8" 340lb German tackles sound like useful things to have.

Round 3, Pick 19 (83) (From Jets through Packers) Brandon Tate WR 6'0" 183 North Carolina

After his redshirt year I expect him to be the replacement for Galloway, the guy has a lot of potential.

Round 3, Pick 33 (97) (Compensatory selection) Tyrone McKenzie OLB 6'2" 243 South Florida

Didn't know much about him, to be honest, but seeing some film and hearing Belichick say McKenzie had the best interview he's ever conducted has sold me on him. He'll move inside next to Mayo, hopefully securing NE's ILB pair for the next decade.

Round 4, Pick 23 (123) (From Ravens) Rich Ohrnberger OG 6'2" 297 Penn State

Ok pick, can't say a whole lot about him. I really hope they're not planning on Mankins disappearing anytime soon.

Round 5, Pick 34 (170) (Compensatory selection) George Bussey OT 6'3" 306 Louisville

Can't say a whole lot about him other than that I noticed McKenzie blew by him in one of his Youtube videos.

Round 6, Pick 25 (198) (From Ravens) Jake Ingram LS 6'3" 232 Hawaii

Having so many draft picks you can spend one on a dedicated long snapper:

Round 6, Pick 34 (207) (Compensatory selection) Myron Pryor DT 6'0" 319 Kentucky

NE doesn't need this many NT, does it?

Round 7, Pick 23 (232) (From Dolphins through Jaguars) Julian Edelman QB 5'11" 195 Kent State

Interesting...apparently some scouts said this guy was the love child of Joshua Cribbs and Wes Welker. I'd take that. I suspect he's just going to spend a while on the practice squad pretending to be Pat White, though...which is still a useful guy to have.

Round 7, Pick 25 (234) Darryl Richard DT 6'3" 303 Georgia Tech

NE doesn't need this many NT, does it?

Picking up two 2nd rounders next year:

Where's the OLB? Paging Jason Taylor...
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Duke,

So what grade do you give your Vikings?

Keep an eye on Brinkley. A good pick.

Comment

1 24 (24) P. Jerry DT Ole Miss
                  2 23 (55) W. Moore S Missouri
                  3 26 (90) C. Owens CB San Jose St
                  4 25 (125) L. Sidbury DE Richmond
                  5 2 (138) W. Middleton CB Furman
                  5 20 (156) G. Reynolds OT UNC
                  6 3 (176) S. Adkins ILB Miami
                  7 1 (210) V. Walker DT Ga Tech

Very, very solid draft by the Falcons, shoring up the defense after the offense was very good last season (+ adding Gonzalez as TE). Jerry and Moore are very good 1st and 2nd round picks and will immediately slide into the starting lineup. Sidbury has a lot of potential at DE. Owens and Middleton will add depth to the secondary and Owens may crack the starting lineup. It is debatable whether the Falcons should have gotten Maualuga or Matthews at LB rather than Perry, but the Falcons have needed DT help for a while.

Grade: B
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

B-/C+ without Cutler. O-line looks solid for once and some defensive issues were handled, but I wonder if Cutler will have a reliable target to throw deep balls to.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

With the Browns taking receivers in the draft, maybe you can get Edwards.

Comment

Grade? Probably a B, but as I said, it'll be another season of underachievement down Minneapolis way.

Comment

That's funny. a website I was on today - which does not have much Viking love - said Harvin makes them a legit Super bowl contender. Gave them an A- iirc.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well we may well be if he can make it through the entire season without being arrested/banned/dropped for being mouthing off to the coach. B's not bad though! As long as we beat Green Bay....

Comment

ESPN average grades...

We scoured the Net for grades across many top NFL sites. Which teams excelled?

The Eagles got the highest at 3.56
                              The Bears came in pretty good at 3.04
                              The second lowest was Dallas at 1.67

AND THE BIGGEST LOSER WAS OAKLAND with a 0.59 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Green Bay was the best of the Central with a 3.33, followed by Detroit at 3.19
                              The Vikings were given the worst rating of 2.59

Now these are average ratings coming from 9 different sources... so not many of the Experts gave Minny much respect.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X