X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
    As long as we beat Green Bay....

Comment

I'm not a fan, but Houston had a solid draft.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Lions: F.

Just because.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Because it'd be amazing if they went 0-16 again. [crosses fingers]

Comment

Yeah... thanks to the Lions, many of NFL survivor pools might change their rules for 2009. Instead of limiting you to picking the winning team only once, many are now considering allowing you to only pick the losing team once.
            The Lions made the pools too easy last year
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Lions: F.

Just because.
              I'll be optimistic and give them a C-.

Stafford is entirely overpaid and, knowing the Lions, probably won't pan out. But I like that they picked the best tight end and best safety in the draft (so they say). Obviously they needed offensive line and defense and didn't do nearly enough.

But Pettigrew is supposedly a good blocker, so maybe that'll result in a few less sacks this season. Our $70 million dollar man will still be sitting on his ass a great deal though, but it is at least a step forward.

Maybe, assuming Stafford isn't permanently injured this year, they'll focus on the line next year when their 3-13 record gets them another top 5 pick.

I'm calling it now:
              2009: 3-13
              2010: 7-9
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Stafford will pan out.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The odds are against it. The Lions better hope he is one of the ones that does.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Holes in one don't have the odds behind them, but they happen. There's a better chance that Stafford will pan out. You guys are the ones that like stats,

Comment

Campbell was already bummed out about discussion on moving up to take Sanchez. He must be thrilled ****less now.

Missouri QB Daniel among 13 undrafted free agents to sign with Redskins

Associated Press 2009 NFL Draft

ASHBURN, Va. -- Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel, a former Heisman Trophy finalist who wasn't chosen in the NFL draft, agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins on Monday.

Daniel is expected to join the Redskins for minicamp this weekend. He will likely enter training camp in July battling Colt Brennan for the third-string job behind starter Jason Campbell and backup Todd Collins, although Campbell's job has been far from secure during an offseason in which the Redskins targeted Jay Cutler and Mark Sanchez.

Daniel had 33 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and finished fourth in the Heisman balloting as a junior in 2007. This year, he had 39 touchdowns and 18 interceptions and was hindered by a sprained ligament on his right thumb late in the season.
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; April 28, 2009, 02:11.

Comment

Weird that Daniel wasn't drafted. Weird that he would sign with Washington, where he won't be favored to win the #3 slot.

I think Campbell's going to have his best year. He's on a mission -- to tell management to STFU.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

After going undrafted, former Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell has agreed to join the Browns
                          The rap on both Harrell and Daniel was that they come from a spread offense, for whatever sense that makes.

Comment

It's the Andre Ware Factor.
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              It's the Andre Ware Factor.

Also David Klingler factor.

I also think the Lions will be ruing picking Stafford at #1. I think Sanchez will end up the better pro, but more importantly, I think the Lions would have benefited more from Offensive Line help or Curry. The problem is paying that much for a defensive player (in the case of Curry).
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Lions have skimped on non-skill position players, especially early, basically since at least 2000. This is what bites them in the butt. They added some good pieces this year, with Stafford, plus the TE and S selections all tops at their positions coming out.

But they need so many pieces (QB included), any combination of positions will be functionally a band-aid. Cleveland traded down (maybe to excess) to get themselves some depth, and that seems like the smarter move. Problem is, no one wants to trade up to #1, so the Lions were in a bit of a trick bag this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X