AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 14 11am EDT (10am CDT)
    That is the time unless there is a significant reason to change it.

In: Flubber, Asher, Guynemer, Snoopy, NYE, mrboo123

Maybe (check times): Kontiki, Tingkai

Others: Imran? Jonny? Sparrowhawk?

If we can hit 10, we can use the ESPN league, which would make it easier...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

In: Flubber, Asher, Guynemer, Snoopy, NYE, mrboo123

Maybe (check times): Kontiki, Tingkai

Others: Imran? Jonny? Sparrowhawk?

If we can hit 10, we can use the ESPN league, which would make it easier...
      Is the ESPN stuff that good for the draft/auction?

If it is, even if we don't get get 10 players couldn't we add in some other crap accounts to make up 10 and do the auction? The extra accounts could simply not bid and put up throwaways Then we could take the selected teams and run our league wherever we wanted could we not ?? (ESPN or yahoo or anywhere)

Is there any problem with doing this if we don't get 10? I'm not saying iotys thre best option-- I am equally open to a few non-POly participants OR to running the auction elsewhere but I am just thinking that ESPN doesn't have to be "ten or bust"-- It seems it should be easy to work around
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Yep, I am home and more then willing to give this a go on the 14th. Please add me to the list "In" list.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Any time should be okay for me. Should be back from Stratford Saturday night.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That time is good for me.

This is the auction draft, right?

What's happening with the regular draft?
            Golfing since 67

Comment

• I don't suppose we could do them both at once...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Code:
                AUCTION: Sept 14 11am EDT (10am CDT)

In: Flubber, Asher, Guynemer, Snoopy, NYE, mrboo123, Sparrowhawk, Tingkai

Maybe (check times): Kontiki

Others: Imran? Jonny?
                That's 8 in, need 2 more for a full ESPN auction league (in which case that's what we'll do). Kontiki would make it 9/10.

Flubber, the advantage of ESPN is that it does the auction work for you (ie, me); otherwise we just do it as a chat basically. More work that way, and more chance of making an error.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
                  That time is good for me.

This is the auction draft, right?

What's happening with the regular draft?
                  From whats been discussed, it's either next weekend or in the period from Sept 27 to Oct 2. A live draft this time.

I will send out notices in plenty of time.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Code:

In: Flubber, Asher, Guynemer, Snoopy, NYE, mrboo123, Sparrowhawk, Tingkai

Maybe (check times): Kontiki

That's 8 in, need 2 more for a full ESPN auction league (in which case that's what we'll do). Kontiki would make it 9/10.

Flubber, the advantage of ESPN is that it does the auction work for you (ie, me); otherwise we just do it as a chat basically. More work that way, and more chance of making an error.
                    WE can hope for 10 but with eight could we not have 2 null accounts for the purpose of the draft??
                    Last edited by Flubber; September 1, 2008, 14:52.
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Well said Flubbster
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

From whats been discussed, it's either next weekend or in the period from Sept 27 to Oct 2. A live draft this time.

I will send out notices in plenty of time.
                        I'd rather not do it next weekend (9/7), 9/27-10/2 is much better for me.

Comment

• I suppose I can make the auction draft.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Code:

In: Flubber, Asher, Guynemer, Snoopy, NYE, mrboo123, Sparrowhawk, Tingkai, Kontiki

That's 9 in, need 1 more for a full ESPN auction league (in which case that's what we'll do).

We could certainly have a 'filler', but someone would have to actually bid for the filler, which would be complicated. I could ask Jaguar to do that, but he doesn't know hockey at all as far as I know.

Comment

• Jaguar knows a little about hockey. We've had conversations about which player is cutest via IM.

Post in the OTF and ask. I would but I've already made 1 thread today and I've gotta leave space for another as I read an outrageous article later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                                Jaguar knows a little about hockey. We've had conversations about which player is cutest via IM.
                                That must add a whole new dimension to your drafting strategy. Not sure that can be our additonal stat category though

Post in the OTF and ask. I would but I've already made 1 thread today and I've gotta leave space for another as I read an outrageous article later today.
                                You know you are going to read an outrageous article later today? I usually don't know an article is "outrageous" until after I read it.

Shows how much I post O/T, I didn't realize there was still a 2 thread a day limit

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X