Euro 2008 discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torres

Been a nice 1st half. Picked up at the end of the half. Should be a good 2nd.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
      IIRC there's one decent Canadian soccer player, born and raised in Canada, but he plays for England -- why?
      I expect it's because he doesn't want to live in a country composed almost entirely of ice, and where nearly everyone is forced to pummel small furry animals for a living and eat poultine.

Hargreaves is a decent player though, tbf. His parents are, in fact, English.

Comment

• The best team of the tourney won

I'm glad an attacking team won!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Well played Spain.

Comment

• Very enjoyable game. Germany seemed to lose air about halfway through the second and never got it back.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Spain
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I'm also happy for Torres, who hasn't had the greatest tourney, but was able to redeem himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The best team of the tourney won

I'm glad an attacking team won!

I agree. Well done Spain.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Well done

Comment

• Oh, and one more thing, thank you very much for this Euro, Croatia

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                        Oh, and one more thing, thank you very much for this Euro, Croatia

At least you didn't display the Polish flag.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Polish? We don't owe a **** to Poland. On the other hand, Croatia helped us very much to qualify.

Comment

• Oh, I'm sorry...

My thanks to the hosts of this great Euro: Austria and Switzerland
                            You guys did a great job

Comment

• Spain

Germany
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X