Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn sweep!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Wings win 4-3, go up 3-0.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Number of people predicting the outcome of the second round: 16
        Number of those 16 predicting a sweep of any series in teh second round: 0
        Number of series that could potentially end in four straight: 3
        Number of points that NYE will forget to award for those picks if they are 4-0: 0 (though he may miss some for winners )

Not sure any will actually sweep, but could anyone have predicted 3-0 in three series at this point ? I know I would have laughed if anyone said it would happen! Maybe everyone will be watching the Flyers beat the Habs because that might be the only series left to watch

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The Flyers won't beat the Habs
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
            The Flyers won't beat the Habs
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• olleeee ole ole oleeeeeeeee
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The Habs look like toast to me. It's sad, but that's how it looks.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I don't wanna say I told you so, but I questioned the Huet/Price trade 'cause I'm not sure it's good to put such a young, inexperienced goaltender in the playoffs for a deep run.

Also, I think the Habs were overly dependent on the PP throughout the season. In the playoffs, powerplays are far less important and the ranking of the PPs always changes dramatically. I find that teams with solid special teams in the regular seasion (eg, MTL) don't practice them much going into the playoffs. Whereas other teams practice a LOT, and tailor the PP/PK towards the style of their competitor.

Look at Calgary -- brutal powerplay in the regular season but #1 (or close to #1?) in the first round of the playoffs. Habs had #1 in the regular season, worst in the playoffs.

Comment

• And yet, the Habs are in the 2nd round, but the Flames....

Habs are only down 2-1. They are FAR from out. And they outplayed the Flyers in games 2 and 3. Don't write them off yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                      Dallas

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn sweep!

They're trying.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                        And yet, the Habs are in the 2nd round, but the Flames....

Habs are only down 2-1. They are FAR from out. And they outplayed the Flyers in games 2 and 3. Don't write them off yet
                        If the Flames played Boston, I'm pretty sure they'd be in the 2nd round...

Probably in less than 7 games...

Comment

• We'll see if your bandwagoning tune changes when the Habs turn this around

Comment

• This just in: Sean Avery vents his spleen -

What? Oh. Correction, he has a lacerated spleen.

He's done for the season.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Unfortunately, it sounds like he's going to be OK and make a full recovery.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Good. As someone else aptly put it, I love to hate the guy. The league needs more characters, not less.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X