Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Auction goes like this:

Each of us has $260 in fake money, and a list of 21 players to fill (the full roster, 9 hitters 7 pitchers plus 5 bench players of any variety). All 21 spots must be filled by the end of the auction, at a whole dollar price of at least $1; so you are limited in your bid by the number of players left to be selected for your team.

The process:

In (random) order, each owner selects one player to put up to bid (any player not yet selected), and names the name, position, team, and an initial bid (of at least $1). After each player is selected, other players may put forth bids in whole dollar amounts greater than the previous bid made. In Gtalk, we'll use the name that appears earlier on my screen if there is a tie not involving me; if a tie involves me we will use someone else's screen.

After a reasonable amount of time (5 seconds) with no bids, the bidding is considered complete and the last valid high bid wins the player. There are no restrictions on how you spend your money, or how high any one player is bid, other than that you must conserve at least enough money to purchase, at $1 each, any players remaining that you are required to purchase.

After a player is auctioned off, the next person in order will nominate a player, and set an opening bid, and continue until all owners have complete 21 player teams.

The Commissioner (me) will maintain a list of all taken players, and ensure no player is nominated twice.

Each owner will have 30 seconds after the conclusion of the last auction to nominate a new player. After 30 seconds the commissioner will warn the offending owner that they need to make a selection. Selections may be made for players similar to a BAPAY if they are unable to make a selection in a reasonable amount of time.

At any point in the draft you may choose to drop a player from your team. You do not get a refund of any money you bid on the player, and he goes back into the pool to be bid on again. Typically this only occurs in the very late auction if you missed a good player that is now going for next to nothing and you have a few dollars left with a complete team.

At the end, the leftover money is used to determine the waiver wire order. (In other leagues typically the money left over is used to place waiver claims, but that's too complicated so we'll just use it to determine order).
    Last edited by snoopy369; March 16, 2008, 00:58.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Example auction:

Order: Berz, Sloww, Snoopy, Stuie, all have $260.

Berz nominates Alex Rodriguez for an opening bid of $25. Snoopy bids $35. Stuie bids $36. Berz bids $41. Snoopy bids $45. Stuie bids $48. Snoopy bids $50. No-one else bids, and Snoopy takes ARod, now has $210.

Sloww nominates Josh Hamilton for $1. Snoopy bids $3. Berz bids $4, and wins the player. He now has $256.

Snoopy nominates CP Mariano Rivera for $10. Berz bids $15. Stuie bids $18. Sloww bids $22. Stuie bids $25. He wins the player and has $235.

Stuie nominates Miguel Cabrera for $45. No bids are made and he wins the player at $45.

Berz nominates Jeremy Bonderman for $15. Snoopy bids $18. Stuie bids $20. Sloww bids $22. Stuie bids $25. Snoopy bids $28 and wins the player.

Etc... down to the end:

Snoopy has 19 players, needs a SS and any other player, and has $8. Berz has 20 players, needs any player, and has $1. Sloww has 18 players, needs a 2B, a hitter (Util), and a third player, and has $4.. Stuie has 21 and is finished, with $5 left over.

Berz nominates Josh Fields for $1. Snoopy bids $2. Stuie could bid over him and replace a player, but chooses not to; Sloww and Berz are both out of money and cannot bid, as Sloww needs $4 for 3 players, or a maximum bid of $2. Thus, Snoopy wins the player.

Sloww nominates Esteban Germain for $1. Snoopy and Stuie both would have to replace a player to bid, and so don't; Berz cannot bid over $1, so Sloww wins the player essentially by default.

Snoopy nominates Willie Bloomquist for $2, and wins him by default as no player can bid $3 except Stuie who does not want to replace a player.

Berz is next as Stuie has completed his auction, and nominates Jack Cust for $1. Sloww chooses to bid $2, and wins him.

etc...

Comment

Okay, I now have GTalk. User name is GuynemerUM.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Contacts can be added by e-mail address only??

I hate GTalk already

Comment

umopus at yahoo dot com
            Last edited by Guynemer; March 16, 2008, 12:33.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't invent the system

My gtalk is my user name @ gmail.com

Comment

do we need this gtalk stuff?

Comment

Yes, it will go too slowly over the forum.

Comment

oh great, I dont know what it is or how to use it or where to get it

Comment

if this requires a microphone or some way to actually talk I cant do it

Comment

Just a IM program. Follow the link Snoopy gave.

Comment

google.com/talk/

It's one of the simplest IM programs, no mic required (though it will work with one, we're only using the text chat).

Comment

Sloww, we're just waiting on you ...

Comment

Invite sent.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't see an invite... what's your gtalk email?

Comment

Working...
                                X