Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XIX: Capello to the Rescue!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon

And better than you on today's comical result.

You're just not trying are you? Why won't you let us be bottom of the league? We don't even have a team for Christ's sake.
    It doesn't make any difference if you're bottom or not. We can't beat Hull at home, but we still went to St James and won
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

It doesn't make any difference if you're bottom or not. We can't beat Hull at home, but we still went to St James and won
      Against a managerless team with half the first squad out injured. Oddly enough, the first game we get a proper manager back in charge, the team performs better.

You're playing with a full deck and several new expensive signings and you're still bottom. We've got Nicky Butt in midfield and a defence composed of four centre halves.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• We have a good squad but no team, it'll take time.
        Also, we were able to afford these "expensive signings" because we sold our best players.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Provost Harrison, posting in a football thread? What the hell is going on?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Sometimes you have to wonder what is going on behind closed doors in modern football.

Danish goalkeeper Thomas Sørensen has some interesting thoughts on why he was suddenly dumped from the Aston Villa squad after having been a good and steady anchorman for them for several years:

Link (Link is in danish)

A rough translation:

Sørensen says that basically, Martin O'Neill wanted to destroy his career in football. The reason for that is allegedly that Martin really hated Sørensen, allthough Sørensen offers no explanation as to why he would hate him.

But Sørensen does back up his statement: He says that Manchester City, Blackburn and Middlesborough all wanted to buy him, and that talks were held, when suddenly he heard nothing from those clubs. Then later, after Stoke had bought Sørensen, he (Sørensen) learned that there were rumours flying around that he was suffering from depression and was seriously injured - all false, of course. Sørensen has concluded that the only possible source of these rumours is (drumroll) Martin O'Neill.

Quite a story, if true. And sad too.

I just wonder why O'Neill would hate Sørensen so much.

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodean

I just wonder why O'Neill would hate Sørensen so much.
              According to Sørensen. O'Neill doesn't strike me as that kind of character, stubborn perhaps, but not mean.

O'Neill brings in Scott Carson on loan from Liverpool, as backup when Sørensen is injured. O'Neill then puts Tayor on the subs bench as backup for Carson. Sørensen then says he doesn't want to fight for his place, and wants to leave:

It just sounds like sour grapes to me.

Comment

• In keeping with the thread title - Capello takes Inglund to 4th WC quali win in a row shock...

Comment

• At least one of Rooney's coaches knows how to use him.

Comment

• Apt thread title it seems oh what foresight!
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• WC qualifiers

Spain = self-serving luckers. Belgium will be present in South Africa and it's going to kick ass.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• How did Tottenham become so crap as to lose to Stoke...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• It's ironic Spurs brought in a "Sporting Director" to control signings and bring stability to the club, but he's done exactly the opposite. Selling your best players when you have no replacements lined up is not in the best interests of the club. I bet the board's eyes lit up though when they were offered £30m and £20m for Berbatov and Keane.

As for Ramos, I thought he could turn it around (or at least keep Spurs up), but he doesn't even know his best team. Insane.

Comment

• Do you admit that your team eats c**k now, Maqqie?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I'll admit it when we go down, which is looking very likely. There are a lot of teams under performing teams this year though.

Comment

• I can't believe Spuzz will go down.

I'm going to the North London Derby next week in expectation of a fighting performance from the Totts, who are always up for it when they play us. I wouldn't be surprised if David Bentley scores.

Comment

Working...
                                X