X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar
    replied
    If you desperately need a franchise quarterback and you've got a legitimate chance at selecting one, you do it.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Depends on the player and the team, ya crazy varmint.

Joe Thomas, for example, was an absolutely wonderful pick. May be one of the best offensive linemen in the game already.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Originally posted by snoopy369

Marc Colombo
    And we want you to know, we appreciate it.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    You don't necessarily have to draft an offensive linemen in the 1st Round. IIRC, the best offensive line in football, the Patriots don't really have high draft picks on that line (Matt Light was a 2nd Round pick.. everyone else is a 3rd rounder or later).
    It was just the last NFL draft when so many of you said OL in the 1st was the way to go. I said that was bull**** and was called an idiot because of it.

This is a good example of why I should ignore.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    You don't necessarily have to draft an offensive linemen in the 1st Round. IIRC, the best offensive line in football, the Patriots don't really have high draft picks on that line (Matt Light was a 2nd Round pick.. everyone else is a 3rd rounder or later).

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Bears 1st-rounders under Jerry Angelo

2007 - Greg Olsen, TE Miami (FL) -- could turn out great
    2006 - (none)
    2005 - Cedric Benson, RB Texas -- a disappointment
    2004 - Tommie Harris, DT Oklahoma -- All-Pro
    2003 - Michael Haynes, DE Penn State -- a bust
    2003 - Rex Grossman, QB Florida -- could've had Culpepper
    2002 - Marc Colombo, T Boston College -- injury-plagued with Bears, now starting in Dallas
    2001 - David Terrell WR Michigan -- bust
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; December 7, 2007, 11:48.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Columbo was the last O-lineman the Bears took in the first round. That was 2002.They also took guard Terry Metcalf in the 3rd round that year. I think that was Jerry Angelo's first draft with the Bears.

They have never drafted a ineman in the first three rounds since then. This year, they had to pay the toll for that negligence.

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming
    I think every GURU (and even us fans) realize that they need to get help on the OL ASAP. The only question is, do the Bears Management see it

And yes, Angelo is FAR better in the later rounds than in the first round. It's pretty tough to make a mistake if you just take a strong OL in the first round
    Marc Colombo

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    I think every GURU (and even us fans) realize that they need to get help on the OL ASAP. The only question is, do the Bears Management see it

And yes, Angelo is FAR better in the later rounds than in the first round. It's pretty tough to make a mistake if you just take a strong OL in the first round

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    If it helps, what I've read by the Gurus would indicate that would/should be the Bears plan. OL, 1st round.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    The one weakness Jerry Angelo seems to have on draft day is the first round. And since this draft is supposed to be deep at QB, I'd much rather the Bears get one of the stud offensive tackles first. Maybe first AND second.

If they don't address the O-line, they will suck forever.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguar
    replied
    lol Bears suck LOL

Draft that good quarterback. At this point they're probably going to pick after Atlanta, but they might get the second QB off the board. In this class, that's going to be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    TODD COLLINS IS THE FUTURE!

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Welcome to the Kyle Orton Era, Part II

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Haw haw... Hester is such an idiot. Don't side step out of bounds when you have a yard for the 1st down! Sure they got it, but had to waste precious seconds running it!

Leave a comment:

• Theben
    replied
    They'd have to win every game left (including this one) and have several other teams lose 2 or more to wrestle a slot. I was really just hoping they'd pull out 8-8 this year... but in reality they'll be lucky to win another game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X