Clear All

• AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: V Blades of Glory

Previous Episodes
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: III Revenge of the Undrafted
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: IV The Rookie Menace

Will fill more in eventually.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Chalk up another shutout for Lundqvist.

But Huet got one for Imran as well.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
      Chalk up another shutout for Lundqvist.
      The guy is just freaking inhuman so far this year. The Rangers can't score worth a darn and are still winning tons of games
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Well, Stasny just got a hat trick ... makes up for the rest of your day eh Asher? I wouldn't mind except Aucoin is -3
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well a surprisingly good night for me. Who would have thought I would be so lucky that Minny would score 5 with zero points for Rolston and Gaborik and that both NYE's goalies would have poor nights.

On my team Zubov came through big-- YAY-- But lots of tough sledding ahead-- Tomorrow Kovalchuk plays for NYE and he has been red-hot-- I could trail in a bunch of categories on his performance alone
          It was a weird night for the number of shutouts too. What was there, four or was it 5 ??
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I have but one thing to say.

pfft!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Not sure how many total shutouts, but I finally get one and still am tied in teh category! (with Jonny)

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Ottawa plays Toronto tonight. That's usually a recipe for padding the stats of Ottawa players. Common Heatley hat-trick!
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  Well, Stasny just got a hat trick ... makes up for the rest of your day eh Asher? I wouldn't mind except Aucoin is -3
                  He only got 2 goals, but yes he's pretty spiffy.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    I have but one thing to say.

pfft!
                    Is that the sound of the "air going out of the balloon" of all the Oiler's fans hopes and expectations ?

Seriously though I actually thought the Oilers showed some determination in continuing to play reasonably hard even when down a bunch of goals. Its always disheartening to get soundly beaten but it was encouraging to see that the Oilers players hadn't quit

Comment

Oh and the Flames? I didn't see the game since it was only on PPV but it does seem like they are getting beaten pretty soundly themselves by the better teams --- plus Colorado seems to have their number

I am not yet certain that this team is an upgrade on last years team

On D are Aucoin, Sarich and Erikson and upgrade over Stuart and Hamrlik ?

Up front its the same cast of characters mainly with Nolan in and Amonte out. I think Nolan is the better player but thus far he seems to be mimicing Amonte's results

What I am seeing so far is

1. the offence came out of its funk earlier this year than last
                      2. Phaneuf looks a lot better this year than last and is seeing a lot more ice
                      3. They have been winning games this year without Kipper stealing them-- Kipper is often adequate but has not really been superlative yet this year . This fits his pattern of the last couple of years wih the only difference being that he is getting more wins as the flames are so good on offense so far

4. The D is making a LOT of mistakes-- Aucoin in particular is subject to giveaways. Regehr is looking ok mainly but nowhere near his all-star type form of afew years back

5. Not sure about Iron Mike. He has been pretty tame thus far and the most coached parts of the game, the special teams have not been good at all. I will agree that the Flames seem more in control and less stressed than they ever did under Playfair ( winning a little in the early games can do that but there was no panic even when the team was awful in the pre-season

So I see a team that is good enough to make the playoffs but I have my doubts about being a legitimate cup contender unless Kipper turns superhuman as he has done in the past
                      Last edited by Flubber; November 6, 2007, 13:06.

Comment

A picture says a thousand words.
                        Attached Files
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Is that the sound of the "air going out of the balloon" of all the Oiler's fans hopes and expectations ?

Seriously though I actually thought the Oilers showed some determination in continuing to play reasonably hard even when down a bunch of goals. Its always disheartening to get soundly beaten but it was encouraging to see that the Oilers players hadn't quit
                            What do you mean? The Oilers are going to win the division!

They did play some good hockey in the 2nd and 3rd. It was good to see.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

What do you mean? The Oilers are going to win the division!

They did play some good hockey in the 2nd and 3rd. It was good to see.
                              Ya they do have stretches that give their fans hope. But the reality right now is that they are in last place in the entire league. ouch

Comment

Working...
                              X