• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichaeltheGreat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stuie
    replied
    The Phillies pick the worst times to suck. That's what's up with the Mets.

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    The Sox game was 10-1. We were watching tennis, with occasional flicks to check on the Sox for the wife.

10-1. Flick. Tennis for a while. Flick. 10-9. But then they pulled away again.

Not that it matters. The division is almost certainly lost, even if the Sox had lost that game. The WC situation, which looked real good for the Yanks recently, has me worried again.

I'm concerned about Hughes. His curveball just hasn't been the same since his return from the DL. He needs that back.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• MichaeltheGreat
    replied
    Originally posted by Arrian
    unbelievable !

Also pretty incredible was the no-hitter thrown by Clay Bucholz in his 2nd major-league start. Impressive, young one.

Meanwhile, the Yanks **** the bed against the D-Rays and in game 1 against the Mariners. At least Ian Kennedy pitched well in his debut and got the W.

-Arrian
    Yeah, that was real nice. Matsubaka almost choked away another one, but luckily the offense was on.

Ellsbury is living up to (very high) expectations and then some. Once Manny's back, Nancy Drew may be the most expensive 4th outfielder in history. Another brilliant Epstein move.

MFY seem to really gear up for the Sox, while the Sox can't find their collective asses with both hands cuffed behind their backs. Losing back two games over the four after that series isn't exactly a real momentum builder, though.

Now let's just hope the M's and the Tigers come on and surge...

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Arrian... please post another post asking what's wrong with the Mets... apparently it gives them good luck!! *knocks on wood*

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    unbelievable !

Also pretty incredible was the no-hitter thrown by Clay Bucholz in his 2nd major-league start. Impressive, young one.

Meanwhile, the Yanks **** the bed against the D-Rays and in game 1 against the Mariners. At least Ian Kennedy pitched well in his debut and got the W.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    And the Mets, seemingly listening to you, Arrian, rock Tim Hudson 7-1 to stop the slide.

Oh, and on the Rick Ankiel front, Ankiel hits the go ahead GRAND SLAM HR as the Cards beat the Reds by 3. Unbelievable!

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Well, it's mostly just a 4 game sweep by the Phils, which is a lot due to the bullpen at the moment (last night they tried to have Wagner do a 6 out save... he doesn't do them very often at all).

About a week ago, it was a 5 game lead. The Mets just don't have great luck with the Phils.

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    What's going on with the Mets, Imran? I haven't been paying attention, but I just noticed their lead is down to 2 games. I know there have been injuries...

Honest question, not needling.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    started a topic MLB 2007 - World Series

MLB 2007 - World Series

Continued from:

Oh, and I'll be sure to change the title as things progress (ie, "The Playoffs", etc).
Working...
X