Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most leagues had Crosby/Heatley as the 1/2 draft.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• 1.1 Asher: Sidney Crosby - C (PIT)
      1.2 Sparrowhawk: Roberto Luongo - G (VAN)
      1.3 mrboo123: Martin Brodeur - G (NJ)
      1.4 notyoueither: Joe Thornton - C (SJ)
      1.5 Imran Siddiqui: Miikka Kiprusoff - G (CAL)
      1.6 Kontiki: Dany Heatley - RW (OTT)
      1.7 snoopy369: Marian Hossa - RW (ATL)
      1.8 Jonny:
      1.9 Flubber:
      1.10 Ninot:
      1.11 Guynemer:
      1.12 Tingkai:
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think we have a problem...

We have 13 days to go through just over 13 rounds of drafts, and at this rate it'll take us a LOT longer than that to finish.

Maybe we should all set aside an hour or so on the 27th/28th to finish the draft if it's not done by then? Just all be online so it can actually finish.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

1.8 Jonny: Jaromir Jagr - RW (NYR)
          1.9 Flubber:
          1.10 Ninot:
          1.11 Guynemer:
          1.12 Tingkai:

Comment

• I doubt we can get a thursday or friday to work, though i'm willing to try (28th only for me). 23rd would be better probably, since it's a weekend and all.

Are we all North Americans here or are there any Euro types in the league?

Comment

• All North Americans except Tingkai, who is in Hong Kong I believe.

Comment

1.9 Flubber: Vincent Lecavalier -C(TB)
                1.10 Ninot:
                1.11 Guynemer:
                1.12 Tingkai:

now only 6 more picks till I go again
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                  I think we have a problem...

We have 13 days to go through just over 13 rounds of drafts, and at this rate it'll take us a LOT longer than that to finish.

Maybe we should all set aside an hour or so on the 27th/28th to finish the draft if it's not done by then? Just all be online so it can actually finish.

Lets see how this goes. While 13 rounds in 13 days seems unachievable, stranger things have happened

I just don`t see it as likely that you`ll get most people online at the same time--

Could there be other solutions, like letting everyone pick two players at once starting in some later round (say round 5, 6 or 7)-- I don`t see that as being that unfair to anyone and it halves our number of turns from that round onward

Perhaps people have reason to object but it seems no more unfair than any other element of a snaking draft ( Note I would not want there to be two picks each in any of the early rounds)
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• While there are sections that will slow us down, I am confident that if we all try to check the site regularly we can get it finished before the season starts. I suspect there will be sections where it should go very quickly (where NYE, Mr.Boo, Myself and Asher pick and could potentially do 8 picks, 2 each, in a short period of time if we are all online at the same time, and I think this is likely).

I'm not going to worry about it until another week has passed, by which time I expect us to be half finished.

/me

Edit: and while I agree that we don't need to be posting the entire pick list with every pick, I think we should have not only the current round but also the next round posted so that people can see at a glance how close it is to their next pick
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

1.9 Flubber: Vincent Lecavalier -C(TB)
                      1.10 Ninot: Alexander Ovechkin -LW (WAS)
                      1.11 Guynemer:
                      1.12 Tingkai:
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Wow. I'm genuinely amazed Ovechkin was taken 10th overall.

Comment

• As opposed to higher, or lower?

I thought about taking him, but his +/- seemed too low, and WAS sucks, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                            Wow. I'm genuinely amazed Ovechkin was taken 10th overall.
                            Lots of picks surprise me-- I guess thats part of the fun of the draft---

Comment

• Sparrowhawk: You win the prize.

Roberto Luongo left practice injured today after taking a slapshot to the collarbone.

Comment

• With a good playmaking centre, I see no reason for him not to be up there with Crosby.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X