This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer
    The positions are set by Yahoo. It affects all of us.
    Indeed, so can it be fixed?
    Golfing since 67

Comment

• I like fantasy sports too, Tingkai, but this decision isn't as red wire-blue wire as you're making it out to be.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• No, it cannot. Yahoo supplies the data, and Yahoo alone.

I would say we BAPAY Tingkai but I have a feeling that pick would be better than the one he makes...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

If Yahoo fixes it, and I wouldn't count on that; Zetterberg played center for at least 1/3 of last season, and he was never listed there. So suck it up and make a pick.

Comment

• In theory, if a skater plays another position, Yahoo will add that one (but not drop the other). So if Zetterberg is listed as a LW and plays C, Yahoo would list him as LW and C, which means you can use him in either position for your roster. In practice, they don't always add the new position or if they do, not always on a timely basis. There's nothing the commissioner can do about it.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Once the season starts many players will be eligble for second positions. Sometimes it takes a week or two.

Edit: At the end of last year Elias was listed as C and LW (IIRC).
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Jesus Christ Tingkai.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Dude, seriously, you've been futzing around for an hour since you made your first pick (AND your second pick, which you have since erased). Please, I humbly ask you to make your pick.

Comment

• Guy,

If you wish to go, you can PM me your two picks (incase he picks your main pick). I have Ninot's list also for after you make your pick.

Comment

• Fair enough. Gimme a moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                        Dude, seriously, you've been futzing around for an hour since you made your first pick (AND your second pick, which you have since erased). Please, I humbly ask you to make your pick.
                        Dude, it took you eight hours to make your pick. You're not one to talk.

If you want to *****, go talk to yahoo.

And folks, I had my picks set and ready to go, just like I always do. Now I have to rethink my strategy.

If you're smart, you'll let me do it in peace and I'll make a pick soon.

If you keep bugging me, then I'll take my full 12 hours.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

Dude, it took you eight hours to make your pick. You're not one to talk.

If you want to *****, go talk to yahoo.
                          No, Yahoo's positions are VERY easy to find out. You can figure out who you want BEFORE it gets to you and know which positions they are.

I STRONGLY suggest you do so in the future. Because to be honest, I don't think we'll put up with this much longer.

If you know as much about hockey as you say you do, this should be a trivial pick to make. It looks like you're googling.

Comment

• The pick before me was made at 1:15AM; I was sort of asleep at the time. My deepest apologies.

When I have known that I am up, I haven't taken an hour. I take 5-10 minutes, max.

Asher's got my PM. I'll check in later tonight.

Comment

If you keep bugging me, then I'll take my full 12 hours.
                              Oh, no you won't.

All in favour of BAPAYing Tingkai if he doesn't make a pick within an hour...

The 12 hours is for people who are unavailable to make the pick. You are quite clearly available, so you are disqualified from such a grace period.

I suggest you make your pick very soon.

Comment

• Ugh... for someone who has played a Yahoo game this isn't hard. Yahoo will NEVER de-list a player from a position. Though it may add a player to a position. If you want a LW, pick LW... if a player is listed as C, but is a LW, you take a chance on whether he gets listed for 2 positions or not.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X