No announcement yet.

ACS Salary Cap League at Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Jr for winning week 13 with 92.63 points.

Following are the current standings.

Rank Team Points
    1 Deviations 1,217.58
    2 Berzerk 1,114.70
    3 Amsterdam Afros 1,098.75
    4 Da Boyz 1,040.96
    5 Dallas Dwarf Tossers 954.95
    6 Mingapulcos 952.72
    7 Vicious Rabbits 928.94
    8 Meh 912.71
    9 Marauders 907.80
    10 Ramsey's stinking picks! 834.07
    11 Mountain Goats 790.65
    12 ACKers 686.16
    13 Hillenmeyer's Hillbillies 638.72
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Why didn't Berz's players from last night's game get added to his total? He should
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Shut Romo down? Not really this year or last year. His fumbled snap as a holder is all he's done wrong. He's got more luck that most. That fumbled snap pissed me off so bad. He fumbled it on the snap, then fumbled on the same play running it. I was cussing so bad.
        Convenient memory, Sloww. Romo was pretty average after Thanksgiving last year. Five games, 6 TDs with 8 INTs and a 77 rating in December. His rating was under 60 in 3 or those games and he had seven fumbles (2 lost). Dallas went 2-3 in that span.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan. But let's not indulge in revisionist history.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not sure that Romo can be held at fault for his performance in the last few games of last season.

There were serious issues on the O-line, and the defense was not playing well to boot.

Also remember that it was still his rookie season, he made a lot of rookie mistakes, he still makes them, but not as many.

BTW, I'm still mad that I dropped him on my bye week, and ended up with Farve instead (for more money no less).
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Shutting Romo down was a comment on this year, up to and including this past week. Unless I want to try my hand at soothe-saying, this is about as good as I can do.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Uh, dude, Romo's first year with Dallas was 2003.
              2006 was his first year as a starter.

That's very different from being a rookie.

I'm sure there were plenty of excuses for for his sub-par performances last December. But they still happened.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes, I know how long he has been with the team, but there is a huge difference between warming the bench and being a starter.

You can only learn so much by studying a playbook.

Abeit, rookie may not be the right term, but I was looking to indicate that he was still in his 1st season as a starter.

Also to note that he is not indestructable and can have really bad games still. How quickly we forget his 6 interception performance of a few weeks back.

He also did not have a great game against the Patriots this year, but the defense played worse, specifically one player who is still 2nd string in my mind.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Shutting Romo down was a comment on this year, up to and including this past week.
                  Um, no. Here's exactly what you said:
                  Shut Romo down? Not really this year or last year.
                  You Texas guys are amazing.

Comment

• So you're talking about shutting him down when he was on the bench? You Chicago people are amazing.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• LOL...spaced leaves the room while there is still time.

Comment

• WTF are you talking about, Sloww? YOU said no one shut Romo down "this year or last year." I showed he was, in fact, very average toward the end of last year. And he wasn't on the bench. Romo started all 5 games last December.

Romo stats 2006

Pwnd.

Comment

Shutting Romo down was a comment on this year, up to and including this past week. Unless I want to try my hand at soothe-saying, this is about as good as I can do.
                          JRabbit, yo see this, again? THIS year. He wasn't bad last year, particularly, but, again, I'm talking this year, still.

Comment

• Your initial post on the topic WASN'T a comment on this year. I QUOTED YOUR OWN POST (#104) saying "Shut Romo down? Not really this year or last year."

They're your own words, dude. Eat them and smile.

Pwnd x2.

Comment

• A Romo game of 5 picks and a fumble lost with a passer rating 49.9 comes to mind from this season...
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Week 14 results

Berz had a GREAT week scoring 135.48 pts. Congrats on winning the week!

Standings
                                1 Deviations 1,341.01
                                2 Berzerk 1,274.62
                                3 Amsterdam Afros 1,212.18
                                4 Da Boyz 1,129.91
                                5 Dallas Dwarf Tossers 1,055.95
                                6 Mingapulcos 1,024.90
                                7 Meh 997.85
                                8 Vicious Rabbits 990.77
                                9 Marauders 983.80
                                10 Ramsey's stinking picks! 911.64
                                11 Mountain Goats 862.92