No announcement yet.

ACS Salary Cap League at Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With every insightful roster move, I just keep sinking deeper into the bottom half...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I quit making moves if I don't have to. I can't afford to pick anyone up when I do. Oh, sure. I could get Lamont Jordan probably. Lot of help.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It seems like they've changed the way it works. Last year, if a player went up in value, you were able to sell the player back for the increased value, and in effect, actually have more than the original 100 cap to play with. Now, when you sell a player back, all you get is what you originally paid for them... making 100 the perminant cap. I think that makes for less changes and really does limit what you can do. If you have a cheap player that turns great, there is no incentative to ever get rid of the player. Even if they become average, it's still worth keeping them since you aren't going to get anything in return for dropping them.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's what I think too. I don't remember dropping a player being as major a deal before.
          Like you say, buy at 10 and sell at 15 and you're flat out of luck on getting him back; AND if you make the bizarre decision as I did to cull the team and start with a new balance, the problem just intensifies.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Before, there was an advantage to selling a player that went up in value... now you actually lose because you will never be able to afford that player again unless he starts to suck and drop in value. It made the bye weeks even tougher to deal with.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Next year I won't be dropping on Bye weeks. I'll take the hit and move on.

Comment

It seems like they've changed the way it works. Last year, if a player went up in value, you were able to sell the player back for the increased value, and in effect, actually have more than the original 100 cap to play with. Now, when you sell a player back, all you get is what you originally paid for them... making 100 the perminant cap.
                WRONG!
                What are you guys smoking? The cost of dropping a player who has gone up in value (like an Adrian Peterson) is exactly the same as it was last year. You get back the dollars you had invested in the player. That has not changed.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Then maybe that's the way it was when we were using CBS Sportsline a few years ago. Because I remember when I used to be able to build my overall salary way over 100. And be able to use those funds.

I just went to see if I could still acess last years league... unfortunately, even though they list the results of all past leagues at Yahoo... they don't allow access to events over a year old. You may think we are smoking something, but I still think it was different last year.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Nope, definitely the same. Hard $100 cap, all year.
                    Exactly like last year.

Comment

• Right. You buy at 10, you sell for 10 and when you go to buy back, it's 15. That's on one player.

Comment

• The only thing I think sucks is that players on bye weeks (except week 9) still go up a bit in value.

And yes, player values rose (on average) all year, both years, with a one-week course correction to lower prices in week 9. It's performance based, so if you have a guy who scores a TD, his price is virtually certain to go up by at least a buck. If he's cheap (like Adrian) and/or has a huge game (like Adrian against Chicago), he will go up a LOT. But in bad weeks, they drop a lot less value.

The problem is when someone like Adrian gets hurt. You've got a $5 player who's market value is now $14, and the players you can replace him with suck. But you have to watch things. Andre Johnson was $9 in Week 1, about $13 when he got hurt a couple weeks later. His value remained pretty steady while he was hurt, but after missing about 8 games, they suddenly dropped him to $6.16. I grabbed him. Now he's over $14 again, after just 2 weeks back. So it pays to keep an eye on things.

And of course, looking at my spot in the standings, I strongly suggest everyone look to me for advice.

Comment

• "The problem is when someone like Adrian gets hurt."

Bingo. Cutting him screwed the pooch. Domino effect deluxe.

Comment

• I think I have $40 I'd have to make up if I had to buy my team now. I got Brady around 20 and hes up over 30 I think. Andre Johnson, Moss and Larry Fitzgerald are all worth alot more. I could afford Gates this week

Romo is hot, top 3 QB and I underestimated him. Has any team shut him down this year?

Comment

• Shut Romo down? Not really this year or last year. His fumbled snap as a holder is all he's done wrong. He's got more luck that most. That fumbled snap pissed me off so bad. He fumbled it on the snap, then fumbled on the same play running it. I was cussing so bad.

Comment

• Brett Favre is beat to hell and back physically. I'm not glad about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X