No announcement yet.

Poly Football League II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

WTF, Snoop, no one's threatening to hold out. I figured we were just passing the time until Guynemer recovers from his honeymoon...

Besides, it's a lot better to talk about these things upfront. I think the most important things to determine are:
      1. Def/ST or individual defensive players (IDP) and, if the latter, how many
      2. Total number of roster spots
      3. Draft order and draft mechanics

All the rest (yds/pt, pts/INT, blahblah) is actually less important to me. Doesn't mean I don't have an opinion, though.

Berz is commish, what he says goes.
      [EDIT: Hadn't seen the Berz vote post when I posted this.]
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, right. Hold out like Briggs. Like Ming.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

A safety was counted as 2 points for the score + 3 for a turnover.
          Its not really a turnover, just a change of possession. a fumble or INT on your 20 is far worse than kicking off after a safety. So the victim of a safety is actually getting yards out of the deal since they'd have to punt from deep in their territory on near safeties.

We do need to get the draft going soon so the settings need to be voted on even sooner

we could go with 4 pts for passing TDs, or just -0.5 for incompletions. I prefer the latter, more accurate passers should get a bonus, not a reduction in TD points. Rabbit's right, a penalty for missed PATs wastes a category for what usually isnt the kicker's fault. If Yahoo lets me combine missed PATs with missed FG within 40, I'll go with -1 for the missed kick.

We can have different point systems for offense and defense too, our IDP s can get 3 for an INT while the QB gets -2. Lots of this stuff is minor

tackles 1
          assists 0.5
          sacks 1 or 1.5 or 2 (sackers should get credit for a tackle too)
          int 2 or 3
          fumb lost and rec 2 or 3
          safety 3 (awarded only for the IDP in non-team defense leagues)

Comment

Why non-team?

Comment

so far we have 2 votes for 10 (Koy and Slow) and 1 vote for 12 or 15 (me).

Usually I run IDP leagues cuz Imran would go with team defenses. But we can vote on that too, the other league is team def so we get a little variety with a 2nd league.

Comment

with IDP safeties go to the player who makes the tackle. That means a safety is 3 for the safety, 1 for the tackle, and another point if its a sack. That makes safeties even rarer

Comment

Either form of defense is fine with me. For the record, can we confirm that sacks and safeties actually get credited with tackles in Yahoo?

For the record, my vote on RB yardage: same as WRs, whatever that is.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

and I dont know how to confirm that, however all sacks are tackles but not all tackles are sacks

we need 1 more person

Comment

I thought that person was Koy...

Comment

My votes:

10 rushing yards/point
                        IDP defense
                        Sack 1.5
                        Fumble / INT 3

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          I thought that person was Koy...
                          I was already counted in the first post in the thread...
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I vote 10 rushing yards/point.

I vote for team defense, but I don't really care.

If we're playing IDP, then my vote is that sacks are 1.5, Fumble recovery / INT are 3.

The only thing I care really strongly about is that passing TDs be worth 6.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                              My votes:

10 rushing yards/point
                              IDP defense
                              Sack 1.5
                              Fumble / INT 3
                              I'm with ken here. Also 6 points for QB TD, and -0.5/inc.

(FUM/INT 3 for IDP, -2 for OP, like normal)

3 IDPs.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think thats already 5 votes for 10 yds per rushing point, and that makes it a winner

and IDP is winning

looks like 3 pts for IDP getting fumbles and ints and -3 as the penalty for throwing ints or fumbling.

1.5 for sacks (only IDP)
                                1 for passes defended (only IDP)
                                -0.5 for incompletions

Comment

Working...
                                X