Football Manager 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 2007

Anybody plays it? I haven't won for 12 games in a row.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Other Games Forum
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Meh. I dabble now and again, but haven't played it seriously since 01/02. I might get involved again if this FM Online is any good.

Who are you managing?
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Soutport FC, Conference National. We're supposed to be relegation candidates, although the season didn't begin too badly. Won the last game in the league with 5-0 so I think I'm back on track.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I'm a bit fed up with armchair CL winners on Footy forums saying "we should sign X,Y,Z". Other than that I'm sure the game is great. I haven't played it myself.

Comment

The actual scouting for players stats is done by fans of each team, so the skills and physical attributes are usually quite accurate, albeit sometimes overrated obviously. However potential and mental attributes are a big factor in FM, which noone but perhaps the club can judge.

Reminds me of the excellent Portugese striker Tó Madeira in CM01/02 who didn't actually exist IRL
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

You people are so strange A star that exists in legend only.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like the mental attributes quite a bit. This is the first CM/FM game I'm playing and other football managing games I've had didn't have too much of this. There's a bit of a trade-off going on between technical, physical and mental attributes which requires you to think throughly about priorities. Get a fast strong player who can't even do a 2 meter pass right, or maybe that great crosser who panics under pressure?

BTW, did an 11-games run without a loss after after that 5-0 I talked about in my previous post.

Comment

This game is lacking a "throw shoe at player" option.

Comment

It must be a bug... write SI Games a letter, Colon.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I broke down earlier and started a new game with Scarborough (Conference North). I forgot they started this season -10 pts due to administration, but at least they have fairly good facilities, having been relegated last season.

10 games in, had I started equal I would be 3rd by now, which is the games prediction for my final place.

Scarborough have struggled all season, needing 13 games to wipe out their 10 point deduction, and did not get off the bottom until 9 December.
                      Pah! I did it by September

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                        I like the mental attributes quite a bit. This is the first CM/FM game I'm playing and other football managing games I've had didn't have too much of this. There's a bit of a trade-off going on between technical, physical and mental attributes which requires you to think throughly about priorities. Get a fast strong player who can't even do a 2 meter pass right, or maybe that great crosser who panics under pressure?
                        I tend to go for physical stats first, strength stats in defensive players, and speed in attacking players. One of my strikers has 1 in finishing but scored 5 in 10 games - a great first touch

Comment

Do you use the same approach with every team? In the case of Southport I'm going for physically strong players as well, combined with at least good determination and work rate. Seek war of attrition and win it.

Comment

I always buy strong defensive players, but attacking stats depends what players are already at the club, and that dictates how i play at first.

Determination is always essential, especially in young players for training. You can improve Workrate in training, but not Determination I think.

Have you read the hints and tips guide from SI website?

I just learnt about unsettling players in the media, thats a great feature.

Comment

I'd seriously punch my players if only they were made of flesh and blood. One game they don't give away any chances, are deadly efficient and beat giants on away; the other game the defence is full of holes, they blow one golden opportunity after another and get beaten by a mouse at home. I can't make head or tail of it.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              I always buy strong defensive players, but attacking stats depends what players are already at the club, and that dictates how i play at first.

Determination is always essential, especially in young players for training. You can improve Workrate in training, but not Determination I think.

Have you read the hints and tips guide from SI website?

I just learnt about unsettling players in the media, thats a great feature.
                              Yeah I've read it. I thought it was especially helpful to understand how attributes affect gameplay.

I suspect good natural fitness is also helpful when it comes to training youngsters. Allows you to train players heavier.

Haven't purposely tried to unsettle players yet, but I've noticed that trying to get rid of someone (by putting him on transfer list, proposing mutual termination of contract etc) can spur players in improving themselves.

What's tactics do you use? I'm currently using a 5-3-2 that switches to 3-5-2 when in possession.

Comment

Working...
                              X