Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one does Lucas play for?

Comment

• Anyone here following the European Championship U21? The England vs Netherlands penalty shoutout was quite amusing. Took 32 penalties to settle it, a record for international matches -- talk about the blind vs the deaf

Watching the Serbs crushing the Dutch in the final next Saturday should be sufficiently embarrassing though...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
        Anyone here following the European Championship U21? The England vs Netherlands penalty shoutout was quite amusing. Took 32 penalties to settle it, a record for international matches -- talk about the blind vs the deaf

Watching the Serbs crushing the Dutch in the final next Saturday should be sufficiently embarrassing though...
        Yeah I watched it all. I agree both teams weren't particularly good, but there were flashes from certain players, typical for an U21 tournament really.

Reo-Coker and Young were great for us, Babel has also been good a few times I've seen him. Plus some other kid on your left wing, think he crossed for your goal.

That kid Drenthe has been poor IMO, you have to wonder if he got selected for looking identical to Davids, but with none of the skill.

I hope you beat Serbia, or they really up their racist chanting for the final, maybe then UEFA will do something.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
          That kid Drenthe has been poor IMO, you have to wonder if he got selected for looking identical to Davids, but with none of the skill.
          His game against England was bad, I agree, but I've been pleasantly surprised by him the rest of the tournament. I always thought he was indeed as utterly talentless as any other Feyenoord player but he showed some good stuff in the group matches.

But overall I haven't really seen any players this tournament that I see becoming world class stars anytime soon. On last year's world cup (or was that 2 years ago?) there was a LOT more talent running around...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Henry about to move to Barca for only £16m.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• US beats Mexico AGAIN to take the Gold Cup (CONCACAF's championship).

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• lol, yanks kinda own mexicans, and that in spite of football not being very popular there
                I need a foot massage

Comment

• The game could've gone either way. Mexico totally outclassed them technically and had most of the possession (when they weren't being fouled), but fluffed their early chances to finish the game and go 2-0 up. After that the Yanks regrouped and took their chances.

Mexico have been awful in their previous games, I was surprised it was that close.

Comment

• Mexico is America's *****.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Rozenhal is in Newcastle to seemingly finish up the deal. Great news if it goes through. Big Sam continues his nice transfer season.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Never heard of him, only Dortmund the other interested club? Hyypia would be a good signing IMO. At least you avoided signing Onyewu, he is SLOW.

Comment

• Rozenhal is a Bruges boy.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Appears Big Sam is close to signing another defender:

Wouldn't mind have Geremi on Tyneside.

Comment

• This bloke?

(Beatles movie cultural reference required)

Comment

• Real Madrid is probably one of very few clubs where the manager gets fired after winning the league.

It must be sad to be so spoiled as the Real fans. A throphy means nearly nothing for them. I've been waiting for a league victory since 24 years before I was born.

Comment

Working...
                                X