• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuberski
    I haven't cheered the Jazz in years.

BUT I AM TONIGHT!!!!!

ACK!
    Redux.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

You've missed a good game

It's going back to Chicago
      Sadly my cable started working in the second quarter.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Stoudemire should've been suspended. He quite clearly attempted to involve himself in that fray. Diaw i'm not as clear on. Frankly Horry should probably have only got one game, he didn't do anything that bad beyond a one playoff game suspension... and why wasn't the guy who attacked Horry to set off the melee suspended?

Anyhow, don't blame the Pistons for losing that game. The Bulls won that fair and square. They shot 75% for the FIRST HALF ... and not due to Detroit's lack of trying, either. The only reason that wasn't a 40 point blowout was Detroit's offensive rebounding insanity that very nearly kept them up with the Bulls in the first half. The Bulls just played like they should've played in games 1-3 ...
        Don't blame the Pistons?! Sorry, if a team shoots 75%, then the other team is playing crappy D. And defense is all about effort. The Pistons haven't been putting out the same effort that they did in the first two games. I blame them for that.

Sure, the Bulls have been playing better with their backs to the wall. I give them credit for not folding. But you can't just mail it in and expect to win. You've got to bring it and close out the other team. If the Pistons had, this series would be over. Instead, they get blown out at home. Inexcusable.

As far as the suspensions go, I'm not surprised that the NBA followed the letter of the law. But flagrant fouls are so lame nowadays. Horry didn't even take Nash's head off, and he gets ejected and suspended two games? And if you leave the bench but don't actually get involved in anything, why should that be a suspension? Change the stupid rule.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Don't blame the Pistons?! Sorry, if a team shoots 75%, then the other team is playing crappy D. And defense is all about effort. The Pistons haven't been putting out the same effort that they did in the first two games. I blame them for that.
          No, the Bulls weren't shooting 75% on wide open shots and quick layups. They were shooting 75% on shots with relatively high level of difficulty. Don't expect the Bulls offense to suck as much as it did in the first two games. That was just rookie nervousness.

The Bulls are a good match for the Pistons, when they play well, and quite frankly if anyone is going to win a 7 game series down 3-0, it is the Bulls. I don't expect it ... but I won't be shocked either.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• If a shot was wide open, many times the defender didn't get there, or someone didn't rotate. On quick layups, someone didn't prevent penetration in the lane, so someone else had to rotate, leaving a player open, or someone didn't rotate. LACK OF DEFENSIVE EXECUTION.

I don't expect the Bulls to shoot like they did in the first two games. Neither do I expect the Bulls to shoot the lights out.

Once you get easy baskets, it's not surprising that you hit shots that normally you wouldn't (with a hand in your face/off-balance/throwing up a prayer, etc).
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Detroit 95, Chicago 85

See, snoopy, what happens when the Pistons execute on D? Bulls shoot <40%. Pistons advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                DEEEEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Nice season. A small taste of the team Chicago can become.
                  It was the Bulls' lack of experience under pressure that did them in.

Ultimately, the better team won.
                  Kudos to Detroit and best of luck in the Finals.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yes... Congratulations to Detroit. They played better and deserved to win.

Now, I hope they get to the finals and kick the crap out of whichever team makes it from the West.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      Now, I hope they get to the finals and kick the crap out of whichever team makes it from the West.
                      I'm down with that.

Comment

• I'm just sick and tired of hearing how the current Western Division Finals will be for NBA Championship.

But then again, they've been saying that the last few years, and look whats happened
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Western will kill whomever you candy asses send.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Just like those unstoppable Lakers in '04?

Comment

• And the unstoppable Mavericks last year?
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                And the unstoppable Mavericks last year?
                                Don't you mean the unstoppable Mavericks this year?

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X