Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Congrats to Dirk.
    Yep. He gets an early start working on his golf game. Or listening to David Hasselhoff.

Originally posted by OzzyKP
    What's the record for consecutive playoff wins?
    Lakers won 13 straight over 1988-89, 11 of those in 89. Pistons have a ways to go, would have to triple sweep.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Wow, I wish I had watched this game. That sounds like a fantastic comeback.
      Saw this in the paper - you can buy & download games from http://download.nba.com/. $2.99 for a game, $12.99 for a series, $79.99 for the whole playoffs.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• For the first time in the series, the Bulls looked like themselves.
        I don't expect it to continue.

Still, it's nice not to get swept.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, they played well, got many points in the paint. Pistons didn't hit the shots they were last game. If Detroit could have kept the Bulls' lead to low double digits, maybe they could have pulled out the win, but coming back from 20+ was too much.

I think the Pistons won't be happy with the way they played and will close it out in game 5.

Comment

• If we can win game 5, then:

1. Dang us for losing game 3
            2. I think it will go 7

But that requires playing well in Detroit, which we haven't exactly done lately
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Suns-Spurs is getting nasty.

Poor Steve Nash. First he gets head-butted, lacerating his nose and forcing him out of the end of game one (which may have won it for the Spurs); then, he gets "kicked square in the nuts" by Bowen in game three; THEN, body-checked into the scorer's table by Horry in game four.

And, he got robbed of his third straight MVP...
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• F**k Steve Nash. Chauncey Billups should have won MVP last year.

And as far as what he's getting - big deal. I remember the Bad Boys era, when you had to be a real man to drive the lane.

Comment

• NBA suspends Stoudemire, Diaw for leaving bench

PHOENIX -- Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw have been suspended for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's hard foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal against San Antonio, a person with knowledge of the penalty said Tuesday.

Horry was suspended for two games after knocking Nash into the scorer's table with 18 seconds remaining in the Suns' 104-98 victory in San Antonio Monday night that evened the best-of-seven series 2-2, said the person, who sought anonymity because the official announcement had not yet been made.
                  Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw have been suspended for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's hard foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal against San Antonio, a person with knowled

Comment

• Well, the NBA just handed the Spurs the series.

Not to say I disagree with the suspensions, because under the rules, they had to suspend Stoudamire & Diaw, but really, this just goes to show you that the rule has outlived its usefulness and should be squashed.
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• grrr, my cable is acting all screwy and isn't getting the game
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                        grrr, my cable is acting all screwy and isn't getting the game
                        You've missed a good game

It's going back to Chicago
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• WTF?!

Pistons really should have put out maximum effort to close it out in 4. Now it's two games they didn't "do what we do," and it's back to Chicago again for game 6. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Comment

• Bulls
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• There was only one suspension that was warranted, and it should have been for the rest of the year.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Stoudemire should've been suspended. He quite clearly attempted to involve himself in that fray. Diaw i'm not as clear on. Frankly Horry should probably have only got one game, he didn't do anything that bad beyond a one playoff game suspension... and why wasn't the guy who attacked Horry to set off the melee suspended?

Anyhow, don't blame the Pistons for losing that game. The Bulls won that fair and square. They shot 75% for the FIRST HALF ... and not due to Detroit's lack of trying, either. The only reason that wasn't a 40 point blowout was Detroit's offensive rebounding insanity that very nearly kept them up with the Bulls in the first half. The Bulls just played like they should've played in games 1-3 ...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X