NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Western will kill whomever you candy asses send.
    What Tuberski said
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
      Don't you mean the unstoppable Mavericks this year?
      Um, no. We were talking about Western conference teams that actually reached the NBA finals.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well... Portland and Seattle go lucky last night and managed to grab the number one and two pick in this years NBA draft. It was justice that the three worst teams, who had been tanking on purpose to get a good pick, didn't get the top picks. I only wish the Bulls had been one of the lucky teams.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Really bad luck for the league that the two new stars will be in the Pacific Northwest. Very poor exposure potential.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yep... two smaller markets buried in the west coast time zone. Not good for the league at all. I kind of thought the fix would be in, and that Boston would get the first pick so that an age old power franchise (close to the corporate nipple of the eastern seaboard propaganda network) would rise from the ashes.

But considering they tanked the second half of the season, I'm glad they didn't.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Jerry West certainly wasn't pleased.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                Jerry West certainly wasn't pleased.
                Doesn't bother me...

Anybody that didn't get one of the first two picks wasn't pleased
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I think there are really about 5-6 potential All Stars in this draft.

Atlanta (#3) is really the team on the hot seat. They need a point guard badly -- after passing on Chris Paul and Darren Williams the last couple years. But it takes some stones to draft a 6-1 guy (Mike Conley Jr) that high.

Comment

• The eastern seaboard propaganda network were expounding on the strengths of Conley this morning... claiming he was even better than Derren Williams...

It will be tough for them to pass on him considering their needs.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• As the saying goes, just like height height, you can't teach speed and quickness. Conley Jr. is all that.

Comment

• Detoit was hard pressed again last night, but still managed to win. Cleveland looked tough, but just couldn't finish. LeBron again had a chance to put Cleveland ahead at the close, and failed. His drive to the basket last night was indeed a foul, but the refs had been calling it loose all night. To there credit, both Lebron and their coach didn't whine about it, and both stated that that wasn't the reason why they lost.
                        Unlike the Bulls, Cleveland played both games tough in Detroit, but still find themselves in the same place... down 2 to zip
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Bah, why should the refs call a foul like that at the end of the game? He was hardly mugged, he was creating the contact, he got the shot off. Their coach may not have whined after the game, but during he got T'd up for it. That would have been supremely stupid if LeBron hadn't waited so long to take the shot. After the game they were saying he should have gone right away, leaving time for rebounds or if Detroit got the rb, fouling, and time left after FTs to get another shot.

That type of game ain't easy on my blood pressure. Fortunately I had dozed off when the Pistons got down in the 2nd Q. They were within 4 or so when I woke up.

I expected better execution from the Pistons. They turned it over way too much at the end. Cavs' D is good, but you gotta make em work more to get turnovers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland won a game in their place, but if the Pistons don't fall asleep, they should get at least one.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Holy #$#, Tony Parker is destroying Utah, practically by himself. If he can continue to play like this, Detroit [or Cleveland] don't stand a snowball's chance in heck...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• If Detroit can't find their mojo, there's no competition left.
                              So crown their ass.

Comment

• Well, that was a BS call on McDyess, flagrant 2 my ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X