X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Offseason Thread

The suspense is killing me.
    I figure Al Davis can't pass up a QB that can throw near the lenth of the field. That's his choice, not mine.
    So comes Detroit, and I just have an interest in this unfortunate team.
    So do what? Do you really want to trade down? They might could make a deal to a team wanting WR Johnson.
    The way I see it is 1 of 2 players. Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson. I think any other choice retards Detroit improving.
    Do you have any thoughts on the pick? How they pick ripples through the first round.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; June 20, 2007, 13:50.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

If they are smart, they take Joe Thomas. The amusing thing is that they'd get pilloried for taking Calvin Johnson, but this year it actually wouldn't be a bad idea for them to take a WR.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If they take Johnson, they lose my sympathy vote.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'm sure they wished they didn't take Mike Williams now... he may end up being good, but they could probably take Calvin Johnson without a fear of getting eternally laughed at if they hadn't taken Williams (especially with Johnson being considered the best player in the draft this year).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

trade the pick for a lower 1st round and a 2nd round and build an offensive line

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
            trade the pick for a lower 1st round and a 2nd round and build an offensive line
            +1

I'd suggest making a deal with Atlanta, they seem keen on Calvin Johnson and have been stockpiling draft picks just to sweeten their offer for him.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I am in 100% agreement with my long-suffering Lions fan brethren.

But no way on God's green earth is that **** gonna happen. Matt Millen is gonna **** us up all over again. I could tolerate Thomas, and my skull wouldn't explode if we took Quinn or Peterson. But that's the best that could be said.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                If they could, they would . The problem is that I think the Lions are asking more than a lower 1st rounder + 2nd rounder for the #2 pick.

Comment

They should trade the pick for as many lower picks as possible.
                  Why screw up one player's life when you can screw so many more by trading?

Comment

It's funny 'cuz it's true.

Comment

Dallas writers are leaning now to Cowboys drafting a WR.

Comment

Speaking from an analytical standpoint, they should trade down and get whatever they can for it.

Speaking as a fan of another team, they should keep the pick and take Joe Thomas.
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Who do Detroit fans want?

Last edited by SlowwHand; April 17, 2007, 22:27.

Comment

Anyone but Millen. Can we draft a new GM?

Comment

Calvin Johnson should go no later than #2 imo. He is a freak, and is head and shoulders above everyone on most draft boards. If they don't want him, the Lions should definitely trade down.

Kiper's now got them taking Gaines Adams.
                              Joe Thomas is the safe pick.
                              Adrian Peterson would be stupid.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X