Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I guess we know why New England was so active in free agency. They obviously looked at the draft board, saw what everybody has said is a pretty weak class, and decided they wanted no part of it. I suspect Meriwether will be good once Harrison, Bruschi, and the coaching staff have a little sit down with him.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      I love it when Kiper has 3 guys listed at the position and someone else gets drafted. Someone whose name Kiper hasn't mentioned all day. Weird that Philly took a QB there.
      Philly made a VERY strange pick. NO ONE had Kolb ranked that high. Beck, Stanton, and Edwards were considered the favorites for the early 2nd round.

[q=-Jrabbit]I'm shocked to see Atlanta with 3 picks in the top 41 -- and none of them is a WR. Good picks, but I figured they were a lock to grab a fresh target for Vick -- like a Dwayne Jarrett, who's still sitting there.[/q]

One can argue that OL and defense are far more pressing issues, but yeah, instead of Houston, I think Sidney Rice or Dwayne Jarrett would have fit nicely there. Perhaps they are trying to give Jenkins & White another year, especially with Finneran coming back.

Though in the 3rd they picked Laurent Robinson, who was considered to be one of the top 1-AA players. So we'll see if they got a gem going down a division.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        I really don't think the Lions are going to trade Calvin. Not now.
        Yup, not now with Mike Williams being traded. (Jeez, it wasn't even five minutes after I said it...)

Anyways, as I said before, I'm totally peachy-keen with Adams - he has the talent to slide into Rice's shoes in a year or two, and he was a bigger need for us anyway. If we couldn't have CJ, it was good to see Gruden and Allen listening to sense and following the priorities of 1) restocking the defense, and 2) continuing to shore up the OL.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Day two of the draft... This is where the Bears usually do great.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Randy Moss traded to New England for a 4th rd. pick.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• A great steal for the Pats. He will flourish in their system, and now has a QB that can actually throw the ball to him.

His fantasy value just went up BIG time
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Miami about had a riot on its hands at the draft party.

About 1/3rd the way in...

"It was almost as if Wannstedt made the pick."
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                  Randy Moss traded to New England for a 4th rd. pick.

ACK!
                  Great deal for the Raiders... now he's New England's problem .

And the extra pick allowed them to take a chance on Michael Bush.

Drafting Merriweather, trading for Moss... I know the Pats have made malcontents into team players in the past, but I think they may be biting off more than they can chew these past couple days.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Troy Smith finally gets drafted by Baltimore with the final pick in the 5th round. How embarassing; even Eric Crouch managed to go in the 3rd...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Baltimore just got a steal. He's not gonna be All-Pro or anything, but he's sure as **** better than a 5th rounder.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I don't know about that. He is short and does have bad mechanics. He had enough natural athletic ability to get out of the pocket and be effective against slow Big Ten defenses, but that's not going to work in the NFL.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• As long as he gets protection, he'll be fine. He's got a strong, accurate arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                            Baltimore just got a steal. He's not gonna be All-Pro or anything, but he's sure as **** better than a 5th rounder.
                            Agreed. He'll be a very good backup to McNair, with the ability to do well if/when McNair gets hurt.

Comment

• I still can't believe we took another WR.

Honest to God, if the Lions are actually half-way decent this year, I'll eat crow. But we could've used that pick to get three potential starters, instead of one.

Comment

• Get your paper bag ready.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X