This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB - 2007 Season

Baseball is back, baby! FINALLY. Let us blather about our favorite (and most hated) teams, make crazy predictions, and eat crow...

My Yanks opened with a sloppy win over the DRays, and Imran's Mets have won 2 against the Cards. Good times in NYC for now.

Shilling got pounded down in KC, which was nice. Daisuke tomorrow, I believe, after Beckett today. Time to see what the hype is about.

Felix Hernandez, all of 20 years old, owned the As in a big way (8IP, 3h, 2bb, 12ks). Hoo-ah. Maybe this is his year to shine. I just hope he doesn't blow out his arm.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

The Mets' 40+ brigade comes through in the first two games of the season. And El Duque managed to help himself with the bat as well.

Hopefully they can hold up throughout the season, but we'll see how their bodies can stand up to that.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Why is that the Yankees always seem to open up against the favorite patsy.

I hope today is a better day for Chicago teams, since they both got their heads handed to them on Monday.
      Both games were over after two innings
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It ain't like the Royals (Boston's opponents) are considered that much better than the D-Rays .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

At least they beat Boston on opening day
          They Yankees played terrible, and still won.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Indeed, but Boston lost the last six games they played in KC.

I was reading today that Schilling gave up 16 1/3 earned runs in only 16 innings over three starts against the Royals.

Give us the Yankees!

Comment

The Royals do seem to have Shilling's number (maybe it's the park, I dunno). That team is going to hit a little bit this year.

Bummer: today's Yankee game (aka "Andy returns") is postponed due to rain. Blah. I'm taking this afternoon off to work on my house, so I could've watched the game on TV. Boo.

Imran: I love El Duque when he's right. It's just so much fun to watch the smoke & mirrors.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We need to do a season prediction contest for the HOF...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

AL East: NYY
                  AL Central: MIN
                  AL West: SEA
                  AL WC: BOS

NL East: ATL
                  NL Central: CHC
                  NL West: SD
                  NL WC: NYM

WS: MIN over CHC

Why not my team, Detroit? Just about everything that could go right went right for them last year, particularly in injuries. Only one of their injury-prone players missed a significant stretch (Polanco), and they struggled during that time. I don't see Pudge, Polanco, Guillen, Ordonez, or new addition Sheffield all making it through the season without more significant attrition. I don't think the Rogers' injury is going to hurt that much--he was going to decline this season anyway, and they don't lose much with the replacement. But I have a hard time seeing Verlander improving (or just hitting par). Bonderman and Robertson will both be better, and Miller will make an impact when he arrives, but the pitching staff won't be as dominant as last year. Couple that with the likely injuries, I see 88-92 wins, and finishing just shy of the playoffs.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

To me it's way more surprising you predict the Braves to win NL East.. wow.

Comment

Just a hunch. There's gotta be some surprise, like Detroit last year; why not the Braves? They at least have a culture of success to build on.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        We need to do a season prediction contest for the HOF...
                        Then set up a thread for it... create the rules/scoring system. If the posts are made here, they will eventually get lost. It will be much easier to find a contest thread later
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I get to watch my first game of the season. Go Red Sox
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Rangers off to a blazing 0-3 start. Don't exceed expectations. We wouldn't want that to happen.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Sox have lost two... but it looks like the Cubs will even up their record at one and one... assuming they can hold on to a 4 - 1 lead in the 8th...
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X