Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It got Chris Britton out of purgatory, at least.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yea I know it is one game. But it just feels good.

So it can have morale benefits for the winning team sometimes too. Hopefully enough to get out of this horrible funk we've been in and hopefully enough to get back atop the division or the wild card.

...did I say hopefully enough?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Clemens v. Beckett tonight doesn't sound like a very good matchup for the Yanks. It helps some that Manny is out. The Yankee lineup can hit Beckett, but then I'm thinking the Sox lineup can hit Clemens more. Joba is unavailable tonight, meaning that even if Clemens pitches well, when he comes out (say after 6IP), the Yanks need to get 2 non-Rivera non-Joba innings... which means Vizcaino and Farnsworth. Ugh.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Well I was right about the non-rivera innings being a problem (Farnsworthless, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...), but the Yanks scratched it out. Good game. So the Yanks are now tied for the WC lead (albeit still 1 game back in the loss column).

Wang v. Shilling today. Both teams have hit the opposing pitchers pretty well. Both pitchers have been struggling. Watch, it'll be a 1-0 game or some ****.

-Arrian

Comment

• What a freakin' game the Phillies and Mets played today! I'm not sure what's sweeter - the sweep or the Wagner blown save. Wow.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Ok, sweep complete. 5 games back in the division, sole possession of the WC lead (tied in loss column). The Yankee pitchers did their jobs, Farnsworthless aside, the defense was good, and the bats did just enough against tough pitchers.

It apparently got ugly in the end (I didn't see it, but heard about it on the radio), which is too bad. Apparently the Sox are pretty fired up.

Of course...

Since 2000, Sox pitchers have hit 612 batters. With the exception of the Devil Rays, who hit 604 (but had really really really bad pitchers), no other team hit more than 525 (Rangers). After the Rangers and Jays (493), you see a cluster of 7 teams in the 430-460 range, including the Yanks (456), and then a handful of teams with lower totals (Twins at the bottom with 361).
              Jeter and/or ARod get hit every series. Youk didn't get hit (though I can understand that a 98 mph fastball in the vicinity of your head would piss you off).

I'm sure there will be retaliation up at Fenway.

-Arrian

Comment

• Continue here:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                X