This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

What in the Hell are you talking about? In terms of yards allowed per game and points given up per game, the Baltimore Ravens are #1 in both categories. The Bears are 3rd in points allowed per game and 5th in yards given up by game.

The Bears aren't even the best defense this season and you are putting them in the same sentence with the 2000 Ravens?!

And to Sloww's point, the Bears had 3 defensive starters. Baltimore had 2 defensive starters and 2 reserves. Why are you guys (aside from -JRabbit) such whiners?
    Intelligent people look past the statistical anomalies that skew averages and focus on personnel and how the defenses stack up against each other. An intelligent person would examine each player (including backups) and look at how the player can perform and match up against opposing offenses. Adaptability, execution, and talent... I believe the slowest person on the Bears defense runs a 4.7 forty time.

The Bears defense is designed to give up yardage (bend but not break), cause turnovers, and prevent points. With key injuries to Harris, Vasher, Mike Brown, Todd Johnson, and Ogunleye earlier in the year, they have still managed to dominate. That depth only goes to prove that this is the best defense in the NFL.

Intelligent people who watch the NFL will understand this. Other people will just talk about meaningless yardage rankings.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I notice Sava glosses over the "meaningless" points against argument.

I mean any team that can hold the high scoring Miami and Tampa offenses to 31 points has to be good.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Miami shut out New England.

Also, how does the Miami game reflect poorly on the defense when Rex Grossman turned the ball over 6 times in that game giving Miami a very short field to work with?

Try watching the games and then you can make legitimate football comments. KTHX
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, Tubs. That was fairly amusing how he conveniently only focused on one statistic.

And how he thinks he's the only person in the world who watches NFL football. He's become a parody of himself.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, I made the idiotic assumption that people were actually watching the games.

Silly me for thinking that people knew what they were talking about.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, and let us not get into the fact that Ravens have played against better offenses than the Bears .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Okay how many times did Grossman turn the ball over against Tampa?

It seems to me we had this argument last year, right before they got pasted by Carolina in the playoffs.

It really amazes me that someone as pessimistic as you, Sava, can be so optimistic about the Bears.

ACK!

Comment

BTW, in the Miami game, the Bears held Miami under 300 yards of total offense.

The three offensive touchdowns were a 6 yard drive, a 12 yard drive, and a 24 yard drive, respectively.

I DONT KNOW GUYS, I THINK TURNOVERS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THAT GAME TURNED OUT
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey, Imran, do you listen to the "Two Live Stews" in Atlanta? They are making fools of themselves on Cold Pizza this morning.

They are even more pro-Vick than you are.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      BTW, in the Miami game, the Bears held Miami under 300 yards of total offense.

The three offensive touchdowns were a 6 yard drive, a 12 yard drive, and a 24 yard drive, respectively.

I DONT KNOW GUYS, I THINK TURNOVERS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THAT GAME TURNED OUT
                      Again, the Tampa game?

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                        Okay how many times did Grossman turn the ball over against Tampa?
                        None.

Injuries to Tommie Harris, Mike Brown, Todd Johnson, Nate Vasher (that's 3/4ths of the starting secondary), and Tank Johnson being out because of the gun situation (that's the two DT's being out) may have had something to do with the defense being bad.

But then again, an intelligent person would know this because they would have watched the game.

Having 3/4ths of your secondary out (which means Devin Hester plays nickel back), and your top two defensive tackles out does affect your passing game... this may come to a shock to some people. But injuries affect a defense. Especially when a defense relies on depth and rotation.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey, Imran, do you listen to the "Two Live Stews" in Atlanta? They are making fools of themselves on Cold Pizza this morning.

They are even more pro-Vick than you are.

ACK!
                          No. They are incredibly annoying sports talk radio guys who cater to the African American audience and talk less sports than any other show in Atlanta (I really don't care which actress they think is hot. I don't).

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

None.

Injuries to Tommie Harris, Mike Brown, Todd Johnson, Nate Vasher (that's 3/4ths of the starting secondary), and Tank Johnson being out because of the gun situation (that's the two DT's being out) may have had something to do with the defense being bad.

But then again, an intelligent person would know this because they would have watched the game.
                            That's the defense they have now, that you are claiming are the best in the NFL, if they had all of their starters, you might have a case.

but, they don't, so you don't.

An intelligent person would realize this.

ACK!

Comment

It really amazes me that someone as pessimistic as you, Sava, can be so optimistic about the Bears.
                              It's not pessimism or optimism. It's watching the games and knowing exactly what they have. It's called realism.

All you have to do is watch the games, pay attention to who is playing, who is out due to injury, who is not playing because they got suspended because they have 6 guns in their house, and you will know how well or poorly a team will generally do.

The few wild cards are on the offense where the streaky and inconsistent quarterback can change the whole flow of the game.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's the defense they have now, that you are claiming are the best in the NFL, if they had all of their starters, you might have a case.

but, they don't, so you don't.

An intelligent person would realize this.
                                You can split hairs about what defense they have now. I'm looking at the entire roster, how the defense has performed over the entire season, and how they are going to look going into the playoffs.

Vasher is coming back, Tank Johnson is going to be out one game, Harris is out for the season, I'm not sure what Todd Johnson's status will be... but to focus on one or two games (especially one marred by turnovers) and say that the defense isn't what it has proven itself to be is just idiotic.

But then again, idiocy is generally a choice. I can't force anyone to choose to be intelligent. I can only try to reason with people, but I've found that to be too much of a pain in the ass, so I just mock idiocy when I see it. Whatever is going to happen will happen, and the football retards can continue to focus on meaningless rankings and yardage averages instead of looking beyond the numbers and focusing on what actually happened in the games.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X