Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he's on, he's amazing. Yes, he has good WR's, but he doesn't hurt either. Someone has to get it to them.

Oh, oh! Think of this. Manning on Chargers, Vick with Colts.
    Kind of needling Imran again in advance.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Had the Dolphins signed Brees, I'd be a happier camper right now
      What is it with some coaches and their staring QBs? Dolphins are out of the playoffs, but Saban says Harrington's still the starter. IMO he's a backup, he hasn't performed well, why not see what the other QB, Cleo Lemon can do?

Kitna is the starter for the Lions, Marinelli has already said they're sticking with him next year. Well, you know what he can do, he's been performing poorly lately, season's been over for quite some time, so why not play Josh McCown and see what he can do?

Hell, Broncos are in the playoff hunt, and Shanahan switched a vet for a rookie.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Pretty simple.

The rookie coaches are trying to notch a couple wins.
        The veteran coach has job security. He has credibility and latitude.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Saban's 2nd year, not a rookie, but I take your point.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

The Best Defense since the 2000 Ravens and only 3 make the Probowl? What a load of crap.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Did you want them to just start the Bears?

Chargers, Bears have most Pro Bowlers
              3 of 4 on Special Teams are Bears?
              You ARE a grouser, aren't you?

I think Colston not making it was a bigger deal.
              Last edited by SlowwHand; December 19, 2006, 20:43.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It's the most Bears selected since 1986. No complaints here.

Rookies getting overlooked for the Pro Bowl is common, even expected.
                Brian Westbrook might have a legit quibble, though.

But at the end of the day, the Pro Bowl means squat.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's in Hawaii. They can use me for the football if it means expenses paid trip to Hawaii.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Which of these first-time selections in the AFC was most deserving of a Pro Bowl invitation?
                  Reggie Wayne
                  Aaron Schobel
                  Nick Hardwick
                  Philip Rivers
                  Willie Parker
                  Rashean Mathis

Spoiler:
                  Which of these first-time selections in the AFC was most deserving of a Pro Bowl invitation?
                  43%
                  Reggie Wayne

22%
                  Willie Parker

20%
                  Philip Rivers

6%
                  Aaron Schobel

5%
                  Rashean Mathis

2%
                  Nick Hardwick

Total Votes: 36223
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; December 19, 2006, 21:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    The Best Defense since the 2000 Ravens and only 3 make the Probowl? What a load of crap.
                    What in the Hell are you talking about? In terms of yards allowed per game and points given up per game, the Baltimore Ravens are #1 in both categories. The Bears are 3rd in points allowed per game and 5th in yards given up by game.

The Bears aren't even the best defense this season and you are putting them in the same sentence with the 2000 Ravens?!

And to Sloww's point, the Bears had 3 defensive starters. Baltimore had 2 defensive starters and 2 reserves. Why are you guys (aside from -JRabbit) such whiners?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

haha, I'm glad the Bears have the most. I think teams that have fewer pro bowlers play harder in the playoffs (note: I never bothered to actually look up any stats- I'm just going with my gut ). So I'm hoping Chicago gets knocked off early. And I'd like to see either San Diego (yeah I know they have a lot of pro bowlers) or Baltimore for the AFC in the superbowl.

Comment

Personally, I'm rooting for a Chicago-Baltimore matchup. That would be cool.

Comment

Lowest scoring SB ever?

My apologies to all the Chicago faithful, but I'd love it if New Orleans gets to the big game a year and a half after Katrina.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd like to see the media put in a position where they have no choice but to focus on defense. Plus, it's probably the matchup the Bears have the best shot of winning.

The Saints have outkicked their coverage IMHO.
                            But if it's not the Bears, they'd be my sentimental choice.

Comment

Defense wins championships. Baltimore has the best defense in the AFC, but SD is close behind. I see those two teams meeting for the AFC championship.

I think the Bears win the NFC.

The SB should be excellent this year. If Grossman is hot, the Bears win. If not, well, that's another story.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

What in the Hell are you talking about? In terms of yards allowed per game and points given up per game, the Baltimore Ravens are #1 in both categories. The Bears are 3rd in points allowed per game and 5th in yards given up by game.

The Bears aren't even the best defense this season and you are putting them in the same sentence with the 2000 Ravens?!

And to Sloww's point, the Bears had 3 defensive starters. Baltimore had 2 defensive starters and 2 reserves. Why are you guys (aside from -JRabbit) such whiners?
                                Thanks Imran.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X