X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
    Holy sh!t!

I wonder if it was related to the game or not.
    I hope not, but very suspicious timing (right after the Broncos got eliminated from the playoffs).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Doubtful. Far more likely to be random New Year's Eve idiocy.

That's why I stay in.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• According to ESPN, Javon Walker was a passenger in the car as well . Apparently the Broncs players got into an argument with another group of guys at a nightclub, and they are thinking that other group were the ones that did the drive by.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
          **** the Cowboys. This tears it. They can go jump off a cliff for all I care.
          that's sig material.

Comment

• interesting. didn't notice Testaverde was in the game. And threw a touchdown pass for a record 20 seasons.

Comment

• Cardinals sack Green after three losing seasons

1 hour, 12 minutes ago

PHOENIX (Reuters) - The
              Arizona Cardinals fired head coach Dennis Green on Monday after three losing seasons with the National Football League team.

The Cardinals went 16-32 with Green at the helm, including 5-11 this season. Green still had a year left on his contract but the club will pay $2.5 million to buy him out.

Green's dismissal, confirmed on the club's Web site www.azcardinals.com, came the day after Arizona ended another disappointing season with a 27-20 loss to San Diego.

The Cardinals opened a new stadium this season and signed running back
              Edgerrin James and drafted highly regarded quarterback Matt Leinart in the off-season. The perennially losing team sold out every home game this year but continued their losing ways.

The franchise has had just one winning season since 1984. Green has a career NFL record of 124-115, with most of those wins coming with the
              Minnesota Vikings.

Arizona has had seven coaches since the Cardinals moved to the city in 1988.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I don't agree with this firing. He finally gets pieces in place, has yet another high pick coming, loses to Chargers in a pretty good game, and gets axed.

Nothing but the best for the Cardinal faithful. We know they wouldn't want anythng resembling continuity.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I was never a big fan of Green. They finished kind of strong. Had they had an offensive line, they could have had a decent record.

But even though I'm not a big fan of Green, I'm thinking the talent pool for coaches is pretty low. Can they get someone in who will do better?

Comment

• By beating the Cowboys Detroit lost the 1st pick in the draft, and the Raiders will take Brady Quinn.
                    That's my bet.

Comment

• I found Green's tenure in AZ perplexing. He assembled some great talent at the skill positions, but didn't provide the O-line they need to succeed. Instead, he signed several journeyman O-linemen to expensive, long-term deals, dooming them to mediocrity IMO.

In addition, Minnesota generally had a decent defense. The AZ defense never seemed to improve under Green.

He's known as a player's coach, which is code for "lets them skate." That's only OK if you're winning. Plus, Green sealed his fate with the post-Bears meltdown and assorted other surly incidents with the media.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jim Mora jr. is interesting as well. Though perhaps less so. One could say Green did manage to get some wins at the end with some lack of talent in some key areas.

In Atlanta's case they have a lot more talent (though they did have some injuries). And they just tanked the second half of the season. But he did at least have one good year on his resume. Perhaps he can find success elsewhere. Vick just isn't the type of QB for him.

The real question is if there is anyone out there that can fix Vick.

Comment

• Quick answer, no.

Comment

• It's weird. Vick is a unique talent, but he needs an offensive system that optimizes his skills without destroying the team concept. Vick's talent almost won single handedly, but there's too much talent spread across 11 positions for one man to consistently win without other contributions.

Mora has had 3 years to work it out, and it seemed to get worse every year. An example of someone taking a singularly talented player and maximize his contribution within a team offensive scheme would be Sean Payton in New Orleans, with Randy Bush.

Sure, there were injuries. Sure, Atlanta seemd cursed to always draft and/or sign the wrong WRs. But the buck has to stop somewhere, and once the team quit this year, it was clear it should stop on Mora's desk.

It always seems harsh to axe a guy whose team was trashed by injuries. But that's what happens when you play with the big dogs.

Comment

• holy crap

I thought Columbia was bad when they killed that guy for making an own goal. But, now Denver. What is happening to this country?
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                                The real question is if there is anyone out there that can fix Vick.
                                I put some of the blame on OC Greg Knapp. I've seen some of the Falcons' games this season, and it seemed to me that there aren't enough short patterns underneath.

Comment

Working...
                                X