This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaguar
    Anderson is not better. There are things called run support and pass coverage, both of which Merriman is pretty good at, and Anderson is entirely incapable of doing. But I know you make a living here of being dense, so whatever.
    Jaguar, you are an insolent creep. Go F**K yourself.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Except for the fact he's right... but facts and Ned don't go together.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

But he is not a tackle. He plays DE, where pro-bowlers Brown and Ogunleye also play. It is tough to break into the starting lineup with those two as the current starters.

What are the criteria for winning? Starting or achieving? If the former, clearly Anderson cannot win. If the latter, he should, as he has even surpassed Shawn Merriman's rookie stats.
        Well, DUH, I think I know the difference between a DE and a DT. My point is, the Bears are down two starters on the DL and have not found a way to increase Anderson's playing time (like, for instance, by shifting positions of other players, you nit).

I would suggest that the two LBs I mentioned (Hawk and Ryans) are both starting AND achieving, playing both vs the run and the pass. Which makes them inherently more valuable. Anderson OTOH is a situational player who excels at one phase of the game.

Look, I'm a Bears fan, too. But you happen to be wrong on this one, Ned. Get over it.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Except for the fact he's right... but facts and Ned don't go together.
          If that is your opinion, so state it. If you insist that this is a fact, provide a link to at least some scouting report that says that Anderson has this weakness. I did and found nothing.

The Bears recognize that Anderson should be starting. The only reason he is not is because of the fact that the people ahead of him are pro-bowlers themselves.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Well, DUH, I think I know the difference between a DE and a DT. My point is, the Bears are down two starters on the DL and have not found a way to increase Anderson's playing time (like, for instance, by shifting positions of other players, you nit).

I would suggest that the two LBs I mentioned (Hawk and Ryans) are both starting AND achieving, playing both vs the run and the pass. Which makes them inherently more valuable. Anderson OTOH is a situational player who excels at one phase of the game.

Look, I'm a Bears fan, too. But you happen to be wrong on this one, Ned. Get over it.
            I will not denigrate Hawk and Ryans to support Anderson. But I would just like to point out that there are differences between DT's and DE's. Anderson is not built for DT. He is more like a linebacker. His strength is rushing the passer.

Now about shifting, show me one defense that has 3 DE's and only one DT's liniing up. I've never seen it.

Comment

Jaguar, you are an insolent creep. Go F**K yourself.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I'm a Hawk fan.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I will not denigrate Hawk and Ryans to support Anderson. But I would just like to point out that there are differences between DT's and DE's. Anderson is not built for DT. He is more like a linebacker. His strength is rushing the passer.

Now about shifting, show me one defense that has 3 DE's and only one DT's liniing up. I've never seen it.
                  The Bears in the mid-80s shifted Hampton from DE to DT. Very successfully. So yes, it has happened. I'm not saying the Bears should do this with any of their current personnel, just wanted to point out -- as you did -- that Anderson has just one strength, rushing the paser. Which is one reason he was available in the 7th round. He reminds me of Richard Dent more than Laurence Taylor.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, I'd imagine his availability in the 7th round goes to show that his strengths are only in rushing the passer and not in an all around player. -Jrabbit is right. If Anderson had full time talent and wasn't just a speed rusher, they'd find a way to make room for him especially with Harris out of the season, through shifting players around.

When even Bears fans are against you, it is time to give it up.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I am so loving the NBC game right now.
                      16-7 Eagles, driving, in FG range, with about 10 min left.

Comment

• I'm just SO tickled you're enjoying it.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Tuberski says to tell you its all ur fault slowwy cause u have been talking smack about the cowboys winning.
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I've barely seen any of the game. How can Philly be holding Dallas to 7 points with 4 minutes to play????

Comment

• He's right. The best thing I can do for Cowboys is ignore them. I'm the kiss of death.

Comment

• Eagles

Comment

Working...
                                X