This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Apparently UEFA can nip the Milan controversy in the bud by not allowing them...
    I hope so. UEFA should ban the feckers from all their competitions. I have an Italian friend who is an Inter fan, and he's not very pleased either.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      In other news, it appears Ruud van Nistelrooy is going to Real Madrid for 15 million Euros:

So it seems that Madrid got two Galacticos this time around, Cannavaro and van Nistelrooy.
      Horseface a Galactico? You're 'avin a larf!

Comment

He's a pretty big time name. I'm sure everyone in Spain (as well as the UK, of course) knows him and considers him to be a great player.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He's a goalhanger.

Comment

- good goal hanger, mind, but not a great all-round player imo. I though Galacticos were about quality not just size-of-name.

Comment

If that were the case they'd be succesful.
              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                I though Galacticos were about quality not just size-of-name.

"Galacticos" is about selling shirts.

And Ruud will get his goals.... hanger or not. He may even do better than Owen had.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You mean he'll get to start a game?

Comment

And in no surprise, Arsenal confirm that they are talking with Chelsea over selling Ashley Cole to the Prem champions:

This makes Wayne Bridge expendable and rumors are that both Celtic and NUFC have made 1 million pound bids for the player.

Comment

We desperately need a replacement for Babayaro, because he's utterly useless.

Imran, who do you fancy playing up front for us next season? We've been linked to Ibrahimovic, but I'd much rather have Klose, if he's available, as a replacement for Shearer. I think he'd play much better with Owen than Ibrahimovic ever could.

Comment

Klose just signed with Bayern so he wont be for sale for the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Well Imran, it seems as though Ventspils haven't lost so far this season - W12, D3, L0 - but I don't think we have too much to worry about - unlike Liverpool fans hoping to attend all away games this season.

Comment

In its first game of the new season Club Brugge defeated Ghent by 5 - 0 and exacted its revenge for last year (when Ghent knocked Brugge out of the race for the 1st spot).

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I think there is a distinct possibility that Newcastle get no one that great to play up front, like last season. I have heard rumors that Roeder is discussing picking up Marlon Harewood for Milner (or Harper) and cash. That seems the best bet currently. Bent has been signed to a deal by Charlton, IIRC.

Comment

Signing Marlon Harewood would hardly be the kind of thing to finally bring the glory days back to St James' Park. He's rubbish.
                                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                                X