Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah it's a pity cashley didn't cop a bit more stick, but i'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• reds, Peter Tatchel has been running a campaign, declaring all the phone-waving and note-waving to be homophobic abuse, and police were confiscating the notes and blow-up phones on the way in. Any chants deemed unsavoury were met with ejection, bans, crucifixion etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
        reds, Peter Tatchel has been running a campaign, declaring all the phone-waving and note-waving to be homophobic abuse, and police were confiscating the notes and blow-up phones on the way in. Any chants deemed unsavoury were met with ejection, bans, crucifixion etc.
        Don't give me excuses, give me solutions.

Comment

• I've just Googled Tatchell, he sounds like a right piece of work. Lets just take the humour out of football eh?
          Last edited by reds4ever; December 10, 2006, 22:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
            Don't give me excuses, give me solutions.
            The solution for the home game is probably to emphasis the money and parentage side of things.

who's your father
            who's your father
            who's your father Ashley Cole?

haven't got one
            haven't got one
            you're a bastard Ashley Cole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
              From an Arsenal Forum

quote:

It is clear to me now, which formation will almost certainly test Chelsea. It is a variation on the Roman army 'tortoise' manoeuvre in which they all hid under a wall of raised shields.

Upon gaining possession, nine outfield players form a circle around the man with the ball and join hands. The 'man in the middle' keeps the ball close to his feet, while the whole ensemble shuffles slowly toward the oppo goal. Scoring is a simple matter of walking the ball into the net.

Any attempt to forcibly break through the 'ring of steel' would be a foul.
              What an incredibly accurate prediction!!

Chelsea were very unlucky. 23 shots, 11 on target, hit the woodwork 3 times vs Arsenal who barely ventured out of their half and scored with practically their only shot on target. Should have been about 3 - 1.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Even Sardinho admitted that Arsenal dominated posession in the first half.

Arsenal have dropped a ton of points this season by not taking their chances - now you know how it feels. Seeing as that entire Arsenal team probably cost less than Shevchenko, it was a fine result.

Comment

• They did very well.

Especially dominating the posession in the first half with their tortoise shell formation.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Essien's wonder-strike
                    I'm getting a bit tired of all these long shots that are being scored. There may not be any more (or less) than usual but it's getting to the point that I'm expecting each game to have at least one goal scored from outside the box.

Consequently, Flamini's strike goes down as my favourite of yesterdays game. A beautiful passing move.
                    Last edited by Thedrin; December 11, 2006, 12:55.
                    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

• Wow. DC United just dealt Freddy Adu to Salt Lake. Wow.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedrin
                        Consequently, Flamini's strike goes down as my favourite of yesterdays game. A beautiful passing move.
                        Wengerball

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                          Wow. DC United just dealt Freddy Adu to Salt Lake. Wow.
                          Id be surprised if he stays there for long. Hes 18 in the summer so he can move to Europe, which is where he wants to be.

I doubt if hes good enough for a top European team yet though.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Yep... it was a smart move for DC, as Adu is gone when he hits the magical age. Probably in the Netherlands is my guess.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Agree that it's a smart technical move. The DCU front office has always had at least a half step on the rest.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              I doubt if hes good enough for a top European team yet though.
                              I've watched him every week for the last 3 years, and would agree with this. He's a solid player, but he needs to pick up his production a level or two.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Don't forget Dan, that Adu hasn't been able to play his best position, attacking MF, because DC has Christian Gomez, who is one of the top 10 players in MLS, and Nowak isn't interested in disrupting that for a player who'll be gone when he hits 18. Now Adu isn't good enough for a top Euro team yet, but I think he's better than he has been for DC in the span of time he's been there.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X