Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps so. It is probably best for Adu as well.

who is one of the top 10 players in MLS
    ITYM, the league MVP.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      ITYM, the league MVP.
      ... which doesn't always mean he is the best MLS player out there .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Alan Pardew sacked by West Ham...

Any bets who will be the next manager to get the sack?

I hope Rafael Benitez gets the sack the fat bastard.
        When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

• Originally posted by ískallin

I hope Rafael Benitez gets the sack the fat bastard.
          I like your reasoning
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• He is seriously the most boring thing to happen to the premiership after Houllier.

He was called the sleeping pill in Spain...

Comment

• Pardew

Comment

• and curbishley looking likely to take over, funny how things work out.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Yep, then Pardew will take over Charlton and they both get relegated.

Good stuff...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

I doubt if hes good enough for a top European team yet though.
                    That's nonsense! My Football Manager team has him and Jan Vennegor of Hesselink up front, and he's got 6 goals from 7 games so far. This proves it!

Comment

• Well, let's put it this way. I'm more excited about Altidore than Adu. Both are 17-year olds. Altidore is Mr. Production.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Adu has like 60 starts, Altidore has 7. I guess this is mostly because Adu matured phyiscally more quickly.

I still wonder about Adu's attitude, although we can only read what the press tells us, he seems arrogant and unprofessional at times. Not totally unexpected from a 17yo but its something to consider if youre a top club investing millions.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• he seems arrogant and unprofessional at times

Sounds like Wayne Rooney.... but not as good .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I don´t think Adu will make it, at least not in england. He's pretty lightweight and what has he to offer? He is a attacking midfielder who scores little. Can he cross? Can he dribble? Can he pass? I have to admit though that I have never seen the lad play so I cant really judge him.

Also it seemed that Sir Alex didn´t really want him to come on a trial. First they denied any interest and then after a few hours they said that he would be coming on trial?? Methinks this is the Glazers who want the kid to make some dollars in the US of A

Comment

• The Glazers have to make as many dollars as they possibly can, because otherwise they're flat broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                he seems arrogant and unprofessional at times

Sounds like Wayne Rooney.... but not as good .
                                When he starts playing like Rooney then he can start acting like a complete pr1ck.

Thats not to say Rooney acts that way. Hes actually quite professional off the pitch, and ive rarely seen him be arrogant. Hes just... hot-headed.

Comment

Working...
                                X