Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is joining WePlayCiv in effect condoning Death Threats?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is joining WePlayCiv in effect condoning Death Threats?

An already well-worn and potted timeline:

1) Dale abuses his powers as a mod as well as issuing death threats to Asher.

2) Dale is banned for only two weeks, athough virtually the entire poly community expresses its disgust at his actions, with the majority calling for a permaban.

3) 'Polyschism': Powers that be sell up to two new suckers - er, owners. Two longstanding mods jump ship to join Dale's new Civ forum...

4) Mass registrations to Dale's new Civ forum...

My question is, seeing as Dale's death threat crimes are established as fact, is: By registering at and becoming regulars of Dale's new forum (which wouldn't have come about save for his behaviour), are these people in effect condoning Dale's original crime? Is it suddenly OK to stalk a person and threaten them with death?

Discuss.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, but if the boring posters want to move to WPC, more power to them.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

So basically we have a lot of morally questionable posters - not to mention hypocrites.

Comment

That surprises you? Poly is dominated by left-wing posters, after all.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

****. I actually have to agree with Mobius
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
            That surprises you? Poly is dominated by left-wing posters, after all.
            Yeah, but it seems like the new site is most populated by the right-wing crowd. As in the morally questionable and hypocritical posters have jumped ship to WPC, if I didn't make that point clear...

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

asleepathewheel makes a good point in another thread which essentially chimes in with my feelings:

Originally posted by asleepathewheel View Post
                Regarding the new site, I don't know who would register with any identifiable information (which would include even an ip address hit) with a website run by a nutjob like Dale, who, from what I've read, has demonstrated an utter lack of integrity and maturity, both of which are required to operate a legitimate forum, at least in my book.

Comment

Christ on a crutch.

I hate agreeing with Mobius. I hate agreeing with Drake. And I'm forced into both.

Damn you!
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I hate agreeing with Mobius. I hate agreeing with Drake.

Your judgment is as sound as ever. Guynemer for OT Mod...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I joined cuz it was a civ forum.

I do not join forums based on the morality of the owner.
                      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Guynemer for OT Mod...

Comment

I think the whole death threat drama is way out of proportion. There's a scene in "12 Angry Men" where they make this point - that people will say regrettable things when they're angry and not mean them.

Dale got incensed by a problem poster. He did things he should not have done, said things he should not have said, and then left. He's hardly a bloodthirsty gang leader hunting down victims with an Uzi.

Posting at WePlayCiv doesn't make you a supporter of some overblown "death threat" any more than posting at Apolyton makes you a supporter of some overblown "Christian fundamentalist church" - regardless of how you like to represent the moderators.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Hopefully you'll never have to live with the fear that a crazy Australian might kill you in your bed...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                              I think the whole death threat drama is way out of proportion. There's a scene in "12 Angry Men" where they make this point - that people will say regrettable things when they're angry and not mean them.

Dale got incensed by a problem poster. He did things he should not have done, said things he should not have said, and then left. He's hardly a bloodthirsty gang leader hunting down victims with an Uzi.

Posting at WePlayCiv doesn't make you a supporter of some overblown "death threat" any more than posting at Apolyton makes you a supporter of some overblown "Christian fundamentalist church" - regardless of how you like to represent the moderators.
                              Dale had a chance to apologize and basically said that it was all Ashers fault.

That's Bollocks, he had almost no self restrait, and Asleep made a good point of why trust him with anything?

At least Mr. Plumpy is asking for advice and has made apologies.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X