No announcement yet.

Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some real odd-for-the-Politics-Thread posts in recent days...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      Berz must be back on the psychoactives….

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      haven't you heard, doing your own research became political

• The BBC has seen evidence of foreigners without valid visas being sent to a military camp near Ukraine.

This probably raises conflicting emotions for the far right in Europe. They don't want to support Ukraine, but now they get a chance to kill all the migrants if they do send Ukraine weapons..

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• we put people in camps and we're not at war

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67647379

This probably raises conflicting emotions for the far right in Europe. They don't want to support Ukraine, but now they get a chance to kill all the migrants if they do send Ukraine weapons..

The far right is/was always kinda confused. Back in the day they wanted to eliminate both the - supposedly - Jewish Wall Street leaders of capitalism and the - supposedly - Jewish Bolshevik commies in Moscow.

Now they're pretending they care about Jews when they want to moan about Muslims, but still anti-semitic when running around chanting "Jews will not replace us".

As for Ukraine, the picture is even more weird, since many of the far right are pro-Putin these days, despite he sez he's big on denazification
        Blah

Comment

• Univ of Penn president Liz Magill resigned after testimony at House hearing about protests over Gaza. She was asked if calling for the genocide of Jews violated the school speech code and said it depended on the context.

“In that moment, I was focused on our university’s longstanding policies aligned with the U.S. Constitution, which say that speech alone is not punishable,” Magill said in the video message. “I was not focused on, but I should have been, the irrefutable fact that a call for genocide of Jewish people is a call for some of the most terrible violence human beings can perpetrate.”

Magill said calls for genocide of Jewish people would be considered harassment and intimidation in her view.

“A call for genocide of Jewish people is threatening, deeply so,” Magill said in the video. “It is intentionally meant to terrify a people who have been subjected to pogroms and hatred for centuries and were the victims of mass genocide in the Holocaust.”

She said Penn would immediately evaluate and clarify the university’s policies on this matter."

Comment

• Nikki Haley gave a speech in Sioux City, Iowa on foreign policy and why we need to support Ukraine.

"dictators actually tell you exactly what they're going to do. They're very transparent."

~20 minutes later

"stop believing dictators. They're always going to lie to you."

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	80
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	9466206

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                That person only exists in your mind.

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                He doesn't exist in my mind, its a joke and he's a composite

• Ho hum... What conspiracy theory website did you find that on. And frankly, it's not even funny and doesn't make any sense.
              But feel free to continue to show your hate for Biden with your typical lies and BS.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                X Biden's been scum for at least half a century, but he's typical of the swamp

what lies?

• Ming
                Ming commented
                Editing a comment
                In YOUR opinion... It's interesting that after ALL THE DEEP DIVES the Republicans have done on the Bidens, they still can't find ANY proof that Joe has broken any laws...
                So where is all your PROOF that he is scum, besides your totally biased and internet video fulled opinions and conspiracy theories.

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes its my opinion and you post your opinions. I didn't say Joe broke laws, I said he was scum. Lets see, he lied us into a few wars resulting in millions of dead, wounded and dispossessed people. He authored the drug war that decimated black communities creating a violent black market reflected in the thug and gansta' culture. And he's been doing the bidding of the wealthy elite robbing the country. Need more?

• MarkWayne Mullin, the Oklahoma Senator who challenged a teamster boss to a fight, has accused Florida representative Matt Gaetz of living off his Daddy's money. Gaetz cited Mullin as a reason to support his bill restricting/banning Congress from stock trading. Mullin's wealth ballooned since getting elected in '18. Mullin described his wealth as hard earned as opposed to Gaetz. These people are not just rigging the system to get rich, they're stealing from us.

Comment

• Teresa Haley, the top official of the Illinois NAACP is under fire from the state’s governor and others after a leaked video call with NAACP leaders around the state appears to show her comparing recent migrant arrivals to “savages” and saying “they’ve been raping people.”

“Black people have been on the streets forever and ever, and nobody cares, because they say that we’re drug addicts, we’ve got mental health issues,” Haley said in the video. “But these immigrants who come over here, they’ve been raping people, they’ve been breaking into homes, they’re like savages as well. They don’t speak the language and they look at us like we’re crazy.”

lol

Comment

• Gee... Only Berz would find Racism funny.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    she's not racist, she's black

• The hypocrisy is amusing and I can speak and laugh for myself.

but this isn't funny:

Gary Shapley and Joseph Ziegler, the two whistleblowers from the IRS who were investigating Hunter Biden, have come before Congress to raise concerns about the Hunter Biden probe. They have testified that Wolf blocked them from pursuing lines of questioning related to President Joe Biden, said investigators would be in “hot water” if they tried to interview Biden’s grandchildren and that she and another DOJ attorney informed Hunter Biden’s defense counsel about a storage unit the investigators were monitoring, among other things.

Biden's DoJ not only blocked an IRS investigation into Joe Biden, they tipped off Hunter he was being watched... among other things. ​

Comment

• So this is now a (more or less) funny pics thread??? Fine, I'll do my part

Blah

Comment

• Gee Berz... let us know when the Republicans who have been digging for a long time now find ANY evidence that links back to Joe Biden.
                      And Yeah, Hunter is pond scum. That we can agree on... He's just as bad as Trumps kids when it comes to squeezing money out of foreign powers by leveraging their family name.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I'm not sure why they bothered with a $148 million judgment. Rudy has pretty much $0 left after paying all his lawyers.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                        X