Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

Unless you died from Corona.
    Trump's fast track prioritization of the vaccine probably saved more covid lives than anybody. Surely his personal carelessness, ignorance and lousy "jokes" cost several lives but none of that by itself meaningfully made Trump a "dangerous" president. The very high reported covid death numbers in the US were probably down to reporting given the overall mortality numbers. There's no reason to believe that in the absence of a Trump presidency there would have been any fewer covid deaths and plenty of reason to suspect there would have been more.

Comment

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure a vax would have been expedited under another prez

• It is inconceivable that Hillary Clinton would not have also fast tracked vaccine development. Any reasonable person would then consider whether or not a more science based approach to vaccine distribution and encouragement for taking the vaccine would have resulted in greater vaccination rates and thus more lives saved.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      At the time Democrats were scaring people away from "Trump's vaccine"

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Berz, but that is 100% bullst1t.

• If Democrats dump Biden and replace him with Gavin Newsom, will they keep Kamala as VP? That would indeed be quite a slap in the face to those values Democrats preach about the party of women and people of color.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Trump's fast track prioritization of the vaccine probably saved more covid lives than anybody. Surely his personal carelessness, ignorance and lousy "jokes" cost several lives but none of that by itself meaningfully made Trump a "dangerous" president. The very high reported covid death numbers in the US were probably down to reporting given the overall mortality numbers. There's no reason to believe that in the absence of a Trump presidency there would have been any fewer covid deaths and plenty of reason to suspect there would have been more.
      Majority-republican states have higher Corona death rates than majority-democratic ones. Do you think that this is a statistical fluke, or does the Republican president at the time belittling the disease, science, and the vaccine has anything to do with that?
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Older fatter populations too... and Fauci was 'belittling the disease" back when he didn't want people running out buying up protective gear. The politicians were doing his bidding. Pelosi was standing in a small crowd in Chinatown San Francisco with nobody wearing masks inviting tourists. Kamala was one of the Democrats warning people about taking Trump's vaccine.

Comment

• Derek Chauvin was stabbed in an Arizona prison, he was transferred there from Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

Majority-republican states have higher Corona death rates than majority-democratic ones. Do you think that this is a statistical fluke, or does the Republican president at the time belittling the disease, science, and the vaccine has anything to do with that?
            I think it had nothing to do with Trump. I think it's because anti vax BS took root in fringe groups that overwhelming break right on the political spectrum. Fatalities were much higher among the unvaccinated. I don't think government policies did much of anything to influence overall fatalities in hindsight.

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              other than repeatedly lying, that drove skepticism

• "The greatest perpetrator of misinformation during the pandemic has been the US government." - Dr Marty Makary testifying before the House

Comment

• Yeah, and Trump led the US gov through much of the pandemic.
              Blah

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                So Fauci told Trump to push ivermectin and bleach injections?

• BeBMan
                BeBMan commented
                Editing a comment
                I had no idea that Trump did show so little leadership on his own. Yay 2024.

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                Those weren't policies

• First year and without a vaccine... the politicians did what the health professionals told them and Fauci et al told the politicians to downplay covid the first few months to protect the mask supply - masks dont work became mandatory masking while shopping and closed beaches. Yeah, that requires an explanation... under oath. Not that Fauci gives a damn about lying under oath and neither does the big money running the country, lying is their most effective tool of control.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Dude, the government was (appropriately) trying to make sure that actual healthcare professionals had protective gear in those first couple months.
                There is nothing evil about that.

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                So you agree Fauci lied about protection as a pandemic was spreading?

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                I disagree with your entire premise. You keep trying to lay some sort of evil/criminal culpability at Fauci's feet, and it's all just anti-vaxx conspiracy points.

• Not sure if I linked this but here is what I assume is a pro-Musk explanation for the suit

​​​​​​"The specific charge by X in its lawsuit is that Media Matters took extraordinary steps to game X’s system in order to evade all safeguards for placing big corporate sponsors’ ads next to extremist content."

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                Extremist content that X said it had gotten rid of?

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                Idk if X made that claim, kinda at odds with any commitment to free(r) speech

• Interesting thread about Israel and ISIS/AQ... umm...hmm... yeah, I think he's got a point. Israel sure does have an interesting relationship with terrorists. Kinda like Obama and his moderate rebels.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	75
Size:	727.4 KB
ID:	9465766

That didn't age well​

Comment

• Didn't age well? It was inaccurate at the time. WTC bombing was that year.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I think somebody else did that attack

Comment

Working...
                    X