No announcement yet.

Will Trump be back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 5, 2022, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post

I fundamentally and totally disagree with your conclusions. The economy had been needlessly held back for years by over regulation and bloated government procedures. The gains you saw are primarily the unleashing of an artificially constrained economy. Trump's team actually had a very focused view on gaining productivity and sustainably growing the economy. The reinstitution of a draconian regulatory environment has more to do with what we are seeing in the market than inflation does by a large measure.
      Why was there no corresponding increase in GDP per capita? Increase in GDP per capita was actually running a bit below average the last 10 years.

The slower increase of GPD per capita with incredible increases in equities is a sign of an asset bubble created by low tax rates, low interest rates and too much spending.

And I strongly disagree about Trump's team. They were generally as much clowns as he was, and probably were partially at fault for the lower GDP per capita increase due to holding back trade.

Can you give any numbers or studies to go with your 'reinstitution of draconian regulatory environment'? Because I have seen the opposite even from anti-regulation economists.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post

thank you! as i have been saying, if you dont treat both sides the same it's meaningless.
        Both sides aren't the same. Maybe they were 20 years ago and 40 years ago, but the last 5 years ago one side has allowed themselves to be led by one of the most corrupt and incompetent leaders in modern history.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 5, 2022, 09:30.

Comment

But the facts don't sit with your position.

And until you can see facts, I don't think it is possible for you to be reasonable.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 5, 2022, 09:29.

Comment

Clearly Jon, GDP per capita is a lagging indicator. There is not a one-to-one relationship as far as time is concerned. This is an indicator of poor previous policies and not a report of current policies. The absolute crap storm that Biden is creating may well be bad enough to depress the delayed effect, but i suspect that even with as bad as he is doing that we may very well see some increase in GDP per capita although it is certainly questionable at this point. If Biden had been just average, then I believe we would be seeing some better than average results now.

As for regulations, here is a list. Many of these look fine on the surface until you start looking at the implementation costs to industry, etc...

How much regulation is happening under the Biden administration? This tracker helps you monitor a selection of delayed, repealed, and new rules, notable guidance and policy implementations, and important court battles covering energy, health, labor, and more.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

You can say that Mitt Romney is like Joe Biden or Hilary Clinton.

You can maybe even say that Cruz or De Santis is like AOC.

There is no one like Trump in the Democratic Party and the Democratic Party would not accept someone like Trump.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

Both sides aren't the same. Maybe they were 20 years ago and 40 years ago, but the last 5 years ago one side has allowed themselves to be led by one of the most corrupt and incompetent leaders in modern history.

JM
                    Thank God she wasn't elected!
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 5, 2022, 09:29.

Comment

Clearly Jon, GDP per capita is a lagging indicator. There is not a one-to-one relationship as far as time is concerned. This is an indicator of poor previous policies and not a report of current policies. The absolute crap storm that Biden is creating may well be bad enough to depress the delayed effect, but i suspect that even with as bad as he is doing that we may very well see some increase in GDP per capita although it is certainly questionable at this point. If Biden had been just average, then I believe we would be seeing some better than average results now.
                        We had an asset bubble. It is very clear economics (throw money into the economy, throw money at rich people, make it cheap or free or even better than free to borrow money) that we should get an asset bubble. An asset bubble winds down.

There might be a lagging indicator of GDP per capita but there was never any sign that we were in some crazy days where wealth should be going up by 20-30% a year.

I will need to look at the regulations in a bit. I remember reading that Trump was pretty ineffectual in removing them and also that Biden was not adding them back.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

As for regulations, here is a list. Many of these look fine on the surface until you start looking at the implementation costs to industry, etc...

How much regulation is happening under the Biden administration? This tracker helps you monitor a selection of delayed, repealed, and new rules, notable guidance and policy implementations, and important court battles covering energy, health, labor, and more.
                          This doesn't appear to be very useful.

However, in the same amount of time Trump made over 10% more regulations than Biden (by this standard).

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                            "And until you can see facts, I don't think it is possible for you to be reasonable."

so unless i agree with you i am wrong. ok. i am ok with that. you can still be my neighbor.
                            Not agree with me. Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney do not agree with me at all.

We just live in the real universe.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

This doesn't appear to be very useful.

However, in the same amount of time Trump made over 10% more regulations than Biden (by this standard).

JM
                              Actually, Trump's regulatory claim to fame was in removing regulations either through expiration or direct action. Every President will issue regulations...it is the target and the impact that matter. A lot of Biden's regulations center on the environment/climate change. It is hard to argue against some of these if you pay any attention to the science. However, when put in a global context they actually are pretty ineffective and stifle domestic growth. Until countries like China and India get on board they do little to actually help the environment and plenty to hurt U.S. competitiveness.

Comment

They're both pathetic candidates who don't deserve the presidency, and I categorically refuse to vote for either. In all likelihood I'll toss in another protest vote for whoever the Libertarians put forward, and if it's Biden vs. Trump they might get like 10% of the vote for a change.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X