No announcement yet.

Will Trump be back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 4, 2022, 00:02.

Comment

• Ray Epps, why were you telling people to enter the capital and why didn't you get charged?

Comment

• Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 4, 2022, 00:04.

Comment

• To Me it looks like Trump is coming back.
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

• I think anti-Trump vote in 2020 will lead the GOP to DeSantis

Comment

• This was most definitely an attempted coup. It goes right to Trump and Meadows.
              Now we learn the Secret Service was compromised.
              Too many insiders are testifying. Trump is in full panic mode.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• While recent polling still shows Trump as the preferred candidate of the GOP, this lead is starting to slip. Desantis is playing the long game. Trump's support will continue to erode and will make for a very interesting and dynamic primary season. If Trump was truly a GOP supporter, he would announce he was not running as soon as Desantis announced and then throw his support behind Desantis. Desantis vs. Biden can easily be visualized as a GOP President in 2024 if Trump is out of the picture. Doubtful Trump will do what is best for the party though and it is hard to tell at this point who would be the GOP nominee. In recent polling, Biden still has a narrow margin over Trump even with Biden's abysmal approval ratings. If economy improves or more of Trump's actions come to light, then we could see a senile Biden re-elected. Sigh...
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Yes, attempted coup by the Demonrats. Trump could have signed the insurrection act, but didn't.

Why should Trump be GOP supporter? Why is the party important? GOP is part of the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andemagne View Post
                    GOP is part of the problem.
                    As far as the Democrats are part of the problem then this is correct. If you are saying that Dems are fine and GOP are "part of the problem" then that is purely partisan and should be completely disregarded in any reasonable discussion.

One thing that all Americans need to understand...IT IS OKAY TO DISAGREE AND HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS. That is what Freedom is all about. It is easy to talk about freedom when you are defending your own or similar viewpoints...it takes a TRUE patriot to defend someone who disagrees with you to have the right to disagree with you.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I Agree. Demonrats are also part of the problem. RINO Republicans are part of the problem. Two-Party-System is part of the problem.

But I also Disagree. True Patriot defends his community/society/state/realm/vaterland, not someone else's rights. Voltaire was not a Patriot.
                      Two party system doesn't mean that both parties are guilty/innocent. It is possible that one party is the problem and the other isn't.

What I meant was that GOP is a tool for Trump. The Party itself isn't, and shouldn't be, important.
                      Last edited by Andemagne; July 16, 2022, 12:31. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Another bad day in court for Jim Durham. Three acquittals, no convictions, no compelling evidence of a "witch hunt."
                        Here's a quick summary from historian Heather Cox Richardson:

Since the beginning of Trump’s term, a key part of the GOP narrative has been that the FBI investigation of the ties between the 2016 Trump campaign and Russian operatives was a witch hunt. In April 2019, Trump's attorney general William Barr tapped U.S. attorney John Durham to discredit that investigation.

Journalist and professor Bill Grueskin collected the headlines from the Wall Street Journal’s editorial page for the past year. They read: “Durham Cracks the Russia Case,” “Durham Delivers on Russiagate,” “John Durham Shows How the FBI Lets Its Informants Mislead It,” and so on.

But that’s not how it panned out. Durham ultimately indicted three men. One pleaded guilty to altering an email in a different case; he got probation. Durham accused another of lying to the FBI; a jury acquitted him. Durham indicted a third, Igor Danchenko, for lying to the FBI; today a jury acquitted him as well. Durham used the trial to rail against the FBI, but his inability to win a conviction after more than three years of work undermines the MAGA narrative that Durham was going to find the goods to pin a witch hunt on bad FBI agents and acquit Trump once and for all.
                        And, of course, total silence from the same righty media that's been urging us to "just you wait" until Durham gets these people in court...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Another bad day in court for Jim Durham. Three acquittals, no convictions, no compelling evidence of a "witch hunt."
                          Here's a quick summary from historian Heather Cox Richardson:

And, of course, total silence from the same righty media that's been urging us to "just you wait" until Durham gets these people in court...
                          Generally speaking it is easy to win convictions against law enforcement. As a rule bad cops never go free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Generally speaking it is easy to win convictions against law enforcement. As a rule bad cops never go free.
                            These weren't cops. These were informants. There is also a big difference between providing inaccurate information and intentionally lying. I think what the jury is saying here is that these guys thought they were telling the truth and did not intentionally mislead the FBI. The fact that Durham got an indictment indicates that the information provided was incorrect or there would have been no reason for a trial. This is good in that it means that there was no conspiracy. This is not what the left is trying to spin it into...which is an insinuation that the information was correct.

Comment

• Berzerker
                              Berzerker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              These were campaign operatives and auditioners for employment, the tech guys connecting Trump to a Russian bank admitted they wanted a contract from her

• But that’s not how it panned out. Durham ultimately indicted three men. One pleaded guilty to altering an email in a different case; he got probation. Durham accused another of lying to the FBI; a jury acquitted him. Durham indicted a third, Igor Danchenko, for lying to the FBI; today a jury acquitted him as well. Durham used the trial to rail against the FBI, but his inability to win a conviction after more than three years of work undermines the MAGA narrative that Durham was going to find the goods to pin a witch hunt on bad FBI agents and acquit Trump once and for all.
                            Russiagate - the never ending story

In early 2017 Carter Page learned the FBI was spying on him so he went public claiming he was a CIA asset. The FBI (DOH!) asked the CIA if that was true and it was. No problem, FBI lawyer Clinesmith altered the email to hide Page's relationship with the CIA. Meanwhile the FBI continued lying to Fisa judges smearing Page as a traitor so they could keep spying on now President Trump. That "different case" was the witch hunt. Yes, he got probation and thats why he had no reason to tell us who ordered him to destroy exculpatory evidence, I have little doubt it came from Comey. Sounds like J Edgar never left...

In the Sussman trial this past summer Durham established the Clinton campaign was feeding lies to the FBI, the jury acquitted him of lying to the FBI about his relationship to Clinton. The jury did not acquit him of feeding lies to the FBI. I haven't heard yet about the Danchenko acquittal but I figure its the same story. He and Sussman and Clinton got caught feeding their lies to friends in Obama's FBI which then took them to a Fisa court to spy on Trump for a year starting before the election. And for the 2020 election the FBI concocted the kidnapping of a Governor to hurt Trump while censoring news exposing Biden's corruption.

Freaking 3rd world banana republic... and it aint partisan, corporations own both parties and run this country. When the pendulum swings back to the GOP Wall St will be right there bribing them more than the Dems.

Comment

• pchang
                              pchang commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I see you've stocked up on your tinfoil.

• Steve Bannon verdict: Ex Trump adviser sentenced to four months in jail for contempt of Congress

(Bibs)

Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X