Will Trump be back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Trump be back ?

How do the USians look at what is happening in the "6th of January commission" ?
    Do they think it is all a big lie ?
    Will Trump be able to run after all that is being exposed ?
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

If not,Cruz or DeSantis.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And how do you guys look at this commission ? (Genuinely interested here).

My opinion :
      From across the Atlantic there wasn't much love for Trump, but if you peal away this bias and purely look at what is being made public, I don't see how Trump can be considered fit to run for office... It seems like letting a pedophile work in a kinder garden.

Comment

There are probably worse presidential contenders than Trump.

Rand Paul. Hilary Clinton. Kamala Harris.

Comment

I think he was obviously unfit in 2015 before the genital-grabbing went public, and I'm not bothering over the hearings. He'll likely hold the nomination captive, and it's really hard to say what would happen in a run between him and Biden (who has managed to become more unpopular than Trump with his economic bungling). Right now, he'd win a straight runoff, but majorities of the public do not want either man to run again. I don't expect Biden to be allowed to run in '24 and I don't know who'd replace him. I don't think Buttiwhatever or Kamala would beat Trump at this point and I don't know that the party would risk either. Who else do the Dems have?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I haven't watched, but I don't watch, and I have been following the commission. I have learned new things, but I expected to. I have been concerned that people wouldn't be paying any attention.

If we vote for Trump over anyone that I have heard of (even Cruz or De Santis) then we don't deserve to be a country anymore. And probably won't. Maybe people are starting to realize that.

Biden is getting knocked for cleaning up after both Obama and Trump. He hasn't been perfect but he is much better than his current approval rating. However, he is way too old and shouldn't run in 2024.

Reagan with Alzheimers would much better than Trump though.

I am not a fan of Harris on the Democratic side. I think other people aren't too, I don't think she will walk into the nomination. There are a ton of up and coming Democrats, for example: Pressley, Whitmer and Warnock.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; July 5, 2022, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post

lets all remember the dems lied for 4 years trying to remove a president they didn't like. we all know this now as fact.
                This is nonsense.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, whom Trump asked to “find” votes in a leaked phone call, testified that Trump received fewer votes than expected because roughly 28,000 Republicans who voted didn’t choose a president that year, supporting GOP candidates for other offices instead.

It is clear who lost the election.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

This is nonsense.

JM
                    Hey Jon. I wanted to thank you for a different post when you asked me to look deeper into the Jan 6 situation as I had called it "just a riot". I did and learned many interesting things. However, that is not all that I have looked into and if you truly think that there was not any lying and fabrication going on wrt the Dems trying to oust Trump then I would implore you to dig deeper as well.

Both parties have embarrassed themselves over their actions for quite some time now and I believe that crimes have been committed on both sides. It is purely partisan, at this point, to say one side did wrong and another did not.

Now...back to Jan 6. Was it a coup attempt? If so, it was one of the poorer ones in history. Best case is a President honestly believing that an election was being stolen and taking whatever action he could to forestall that. Worst case, imho, is that a megalomaniacal child was throwing a temper tantrum over being rejected by the people. If a true insurrection or coup was being attempted I believe that the President of the United States could have done far more to cause real issues as opposed to sending an unarmed mob to the capital.

So...to the OP. Will Trump be back? I think that a thoughtful person would say that it certainly looks likely that he will run again. I imagine that it could be a very interesting primary season as we see where Republican loyalties truly lay. IF he makes it out of the Primaries, then I think he could take Biden. If Hillary runs, America may just decide that their hatred of her is less than their hatred of Trump or Biden's performance. In any event, it is hard to see a good leader emerging from an environment of increasingly polarized politics.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What lie did the dems maintain for 4 years as part of an attempt to oust Trump?

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Comment

EDIT : To PLATO:

Putting the obvious political side show aside, are you not concerned he seems completely incompatible with the normal democratic change in power?

I watched the testimonies of 3 senior staunch republicans who said Trump himself put pressure on them to take illegal actions in the aftermath of elections (in an effort to overturn the results...)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X